Prediction Time: CFL.ca writers' Grey Cup picks

HAMILTON — Nineteen weeks and 63 games plus playoffs later, we’re at the end of the Canadian Football road.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/12/11/prediction-time-cfl-ca-writers-grey-cup-picks/

I am looking forward to a classic 2021 Grey Cup rematch of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers versus the Hamilton Tiger Cats from Hamilton, Ontario. I will be pulling for the Cats, who defeated my Argos :anchor: fair and square in the East Final. :disappointed_relieved: May the best team win :interrobang: and I hope their are no serious injuries for all the players with the greatest show on turf. :heart_eyes: :football: :canada:

P.S. Final CFL Pick'em for the record-The Winnipeg Blue Bombers for a shot at 3 Wins & 2 Losses in this years playoff run. :rofl:
107th Grey Cup rings-August 2020

4 Likes

Blue team by a few miles possibly more.

3 Likes

The name Blue Bomber will be an adjective rather than a noun come Sunday night

Probably. Odds are it'll be a blow out. I'm hoping to see a close game that keeps me on the edge my seat from start to finish... that and win the Lotto Max. If either one happens I'll have a pretty good Sunday. :smiley:

I'll be the only one rooting for Winnipeg in my house. Shockingly my dog Tika picked Hamilton (the bitch!), & my wife just doesn't care.

1 Like

Tell your wife that your GIRLFRIEND 'Cares' and borrow your neighbor's attack cat. :smiley: :+1:

The Cats were sure winners this Sunday, in the Grey Cup, but injuries to key personnel such as monster player Ted Laurent and the loss of Desmond Lawrence as well as non-starter Bralon Addison are costly. Can the Tiger-Cats overcome the untimely arrows of fortune, removing key players, and still fulfill the Cat destiny of winning the prestigious Grey Cup? :tiger: :tiger: :postal_horn: :postal_horn: :notes: :musical_note:

1 Like

Well, the Cats were never sure winners. Maybe you are joking? The reality is neither team is a sure winner.

And I promised to jump on this “untimely arrows of fortune” thing or anything similar. I remind you of the pro Ticat rule allowing them to dress and play their unvaccinated players while no Western team could. Timely arrow of fortune indeed!

1 Like

Oh give them their 'timely arrows of fortune' for now. They'll soon be riddled with them and leaking beer as the Mounties award us the Cup. :partying_face: :boom:

1 Like

No deal, easy to suggest from a couple of thousand kms away where you'd be safe. Happy wife, happy life(aka; let sleeping dogs lie--oh no, I didn't just call her a dog did I?:fearful::fearful::fearful:. It's just an expression, dear! Gotta run!)

1 Like

Honestly, going with the Cats. The bombers beat no one in the last half of the season (edm 3x and bc 2x, lost to the stamps backups), eked out many games, and did their best to lose last week - if Rene didn't miss 3 fg attempts against SK, the Bombers would be Xmas shopping tomorrow. Their real hope is that it's a best of 1. (Which btw, maybe we need to change. 2 game total points series like it was...THEN the better team should prevail AND home field would REALLY mean something so the regular season would be even more meaningful....)

1 Like

[quote="Sundown, post:8, topic:75537"]
...The Cats were sure winners this Sunday, in the Grey Cup, but injuries to key personnel such as monster player Ted Laurent and the loss of Desmond Lawrence as well as non-starter Bralon Addison are costly. Can the Tiger-Cats overcome the untimely arrows of fortune, removing key players, and still fulfill the Cat destiny of winning the prestigious Grey Cup?
[/quot

hell of a lotta IFS in there as usual with the sour grapes comin outa cowtown every year

2 Likes

Well the two fellows at 41-26 are split. So are the two fellows at 37-30. But Kristina Constabile at 30-37 is picking the Tiger-Cats.

The Blue Bombers will therefore get the W.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So you’re saying the highest scoring team allowing the fewest amount of points eked out games? Laughable.

3 Likes

Why is there always two fans MIA for a week when the stamps lose then suddenly re-apearing doing a lot of excuses and whining and crying and kavetching especially everytime the stamps do a belly flop in the playoffs ... They seem to have somewhat ok seasons and then bellyflop in the playoffs .

2 Likes