Predict our new OC!

Until we know who will replace Marcus Brady, let's have fun and speculate! Keep in mind that I'm not asking who you would LIKE to be OC, but who you think the organization is likely to hire in that capacity.

Here's what I think will happen:

Andy Bischoff will become the new offensive coordinator. He'll keep the RB coach portfolio but cede his admin assistant position to someone else (Pat Meyer?).

Trestman will hire a QB coach to replace Brady, probably someone we've never heard of.

I can see why Bischoff may the be the one, but not crazy about it.

I think it will end up being someone outside the list mentioned. Someone that Trestman may bring in from his network that we are unaware of, someone willing to be an understudy so to speak allowing Trestman to continue controlling the offense.

Voted Bischoff with my head, not necessarily my heart.

Yeah, I did that too. I really hope we’re both wrong. :wink:

I only voted Trestman cause it would save the als some dough. I don't actually expect it to happen. Maybe LaPo but he's still getting paid by winnipeg.

AC should be announcing his decision soon. Better get a medic ready for Senior. He'll either die of joy or writhe in pain. :stuck_out_tongue:

It would certainly be consonant with how Trestman has filled out his coaching staff in the past. Richard has suggested Meyer as the new OC, which is also an option. Should be very interesting to see how everything plays out.

[i]The Als’ new OC:

Jeff Reinebold[[/i] :lol:

If the Als do promote from within, I expect that Pat Meyer will be chosen/the one promoted; he could remain Offensive Line Coach; if not Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach, Andy Bischoff will become the Offensive Line Coach.

A coach that could also receive/get a promotion is Carson Walch. He could be Offensive Coordinator,or QB coach or Special Teams Coordinator.

Richard

My dad would cast one vote for AC.

Well I doubt AC is done playing and he’s never, ever mentionned he would like coaching after his playing days. Lets go raid the Argos staff. Grab Stein and O’Shea :twisted:

[i]If Calvillo retires, and McPherson becomes the starter, Senior ah me should be the OC!!!!!

Imagine that. On every single play, to encourage his quarterback, the OC would pat him on the butt! :oops: [/i]

I changed my vote to Pat Meyer, mainly because I think Trestman likes having Bischoff as his "secretary" (admin assistant) and giving him the OC portfolio would mean he'd have to drop that admin role.

Cason Walch a été au contrôle de la qualité pour les unités spéciales et nos unités spéciales se sont détériorées au point d’en devenir risibles. Cette saison, il a été entraîneur des receveurs, et jamais depuis les 4 saisons précédentes nos receveurs n’ont échappé autant de ballons ni n’ont été autant blessés. Qu’est-ce qu’il a fait de si extraordinaire pour être promu? Pourquoi les Alouettes le gardent-ils seulement? Il travaille fort, mais si on se fie aux résultats, il travaille fort mal.

Bischoff peut rester comme entraîneur des demis offensifs et comme assistant de l’entraîneur-chef. Mais considérant ce qu’il a réalisé avec les unités spéciales, je ne le vois pas du tout prendre la charge de l’offensive au complet.

Pat Meyer, lui, a fait un travail irréprochable, mais je ne suis pas certain que j’aimerais qu’on le perde comme entraîneur de la ligne offensive, à moins que Brian Chiu…

Personnellement, je préférerais de loin que quelqu’un vienne s’ajouter à l’équipe en place. L’équipe a besoin d’un peu de renouveau dans la conception de l’attaque.

I`m going to throw another name into the hat - BC Receivers coach and former Calgary star receiver Travis Moore.

Moore was a guest coach with the Als in 2008, I believe he also worked with Trestman in New Orleans in 2007, and I have seen them warmly interact after games.

Also, it's common for coordinators to retain at least one position as part of their portfolio. Brady was OC and QB coach; Reinebold was DC and DB coach. I see no reason why Meyer couldn't be OC and O-line coach at the same time.

[url=http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/football/montreal-alouettes/Former+coach+Berry+ready+Round/7657428/story.html]http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/f ... story.html[/url]

Both Doug Berry and Greg Marshall appear interested in returning to the CFL, and to Montreal in particular. Marshall isn't ruling out the possibility of being a position coach; he seems to want the right fit on the right team, rather than the highest possible position.

Reading Herb’s article. Trestman scares the shiat out of me when he says he has plenty of guys he can promote from within. I don’t care how talented a guy is, we don’t have enough experience “savy” on that staff as is and none of the guys there are ready to be coordinators, anything under five years as a coach in the CFL is not enough to be a quality coordinator IMO. Meyer just got here. Welsh is just starting in the coaching ranks. Now I understand that you want stability and chemstry and employing guys who are over qualified may cause some instability as they will likely graduate quickly to other positions but it isn’t any different than what we do with our player depth. Berry and Marshall are top notch football guys. Our Dline could really benefit from Doug’s expertise and frankly Thorpe walked away from this team once and he’s never done the job so having Marshall there would be tremendous to the staff. Trestman needs to balance his staff better. He’s not running a coaching school for the rest of the league.

I definitely don't have problems in naming either Pat Meyer or Carson Walch as Offensive Coordinator. Much better than a Paul LaPolice.

Greg Marshall could be a good addition as defensive line coach; should Pat Meyer be named Offensive Coordinator, I would see/ would not mind Doug Berry as Offensive Line Coach.

Noêl Thorpe did leave the Als,after 2007, after being not chosen as Head Coach. Same with Chris Jones.By the way, Chris Jones became Defensive Coordinator of the Als in 2003, with only 1 year experience as a coach- Defensive Line- with the Als. There is no such thing as a 5 year experience as coach before being named as Coordinator. How many years of experience did Scott Milanovich had when he became Als Offensive Coordinator in 2008? Only 1!

Richard

What he says to Herb and what he actually believes are likely quite different, though. He was very reluctant to criticize Reinebold all season long but canned him pretty swiftly after the season ended.

I don't care how talented a guy is, we don't have enough experience "savy" on that staff as is and none of the guys there are ready to be coordinators, anything under five years as a coach in the CFL is not enough to be a quality coordinator IMO.
Milanovich had exactly one year as QB coach before becoming OC in 2008. And being OC in Montreal isn't really like being OC in say, BC. Trestman is the OC in reality.
Berry and Marshall are top notch football guys. Our Dline could really benefit from Doug's expertise
From Greg's expertise, you likely meant, but I agree with you.
Thorpe walked away from this team once and he's never done the job so having Marshall there would be tremendous to the staff.
Thorpe spent FIVE years here and left for Edmonton partly because his autistic son had special needs: [url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Edmonton/2008/11/14/pf-7410481.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 10481.html[/url]

[i]Quebec has long waiting lists for help. And the government apparently cuts off funding support tools in the home at the age of six, leaving the school system to pick up the development price tag.

That is where the Alberta advantage comes into the picture. Since joining the Eskimos last November - being united with friend and head coach Danny Maciocia - Thorpe and his family have placed Peyton in the best possible situation to succeed long term. [/i]

Are you going to give him grief for doing what’s best for his family?