....Pre-Season...?????

...Well we're just about to find out how serious some of the new rooks are about securing a spot on the club....I expect there will be some surprises with the amount of new faces......I've been hearing good things about this Whitaker guy in the secondary.....Eubanks as well....Heffner could be another....Charlton better be looking over his shoulder...I suppose we'll still have more questions than answers after tonights game against the hammer....It's gonna get real interesting from here on in...GoBigBlue... :rockin:

Well papa it sure is going to get interesting now, thank god the season is finally upon us. It's been one looooooong offseason.

Charlton may well be on the bubble...........if Kelly plans to move Lobendahn to an outside LB position, and play Shabazz at the other outside LB spot (instead of safety, where I personally would like to put him were it up to me and the ratio permitted), then Charlton may be looking for work after cut down day.

....FIRST-HALF.....hurried take.....How are we going to accomodate Bernard....I don't care who are starting guys are....if we release him there'll be a few clubs waiting in line to sign this guy......And Kelly doesn't know what he's doing :lol: :lol: :lol:Better brace yourself people....this is a solid club.... :wink:

I know it was just a preseason game, and just Hamilton, but I can't really think of anything I saw that concerned me.

We're stacked at receiver and running back. I'd hate to lose Bernard, cause we'd have to play against him for sure.

Love how the DBs are much more aggressive...probably coulda/shoulda had about 5 picks last night.

And on a side note...I'm glad we don't have Kevin Glenn anymore. He has NOT returned to 2007 form...

...Only pre-season....guys were going all-out for spots....Bernard is going to be a tough cut...but based on last nights play , how the heck do you cut Giles....All in all the game was a typical preview....lots of errors on both clubs...newbies commiting most of them....This team has some serious depth.....Murphy did some fantastic recruiting... :wink: :thup: Hello 09...

Great depth indeed..................too bad you guys can't play 4 running backs simultaneously.........looks like your new personnel guy has recruited some serious talent.

I don't put much stock in PS games. looks like the team is stacked at the running back position possibly opening up some trade opportunities.

However Serna's 28 yard punt average is pathetic and Winnipeg's starting Oline allowed 5 sacks to what seems to me like a very weak front seven.

They did look much better then Hamilton last night.

With respect, it was NOT the starting O line that gave up 5 sacks...most of them were on the sidelines when the sacks happened...

…How about Renauds sixty yarder…I doubt whether Serna will be doing (If he stays) anything but kicking field goals… and he made them all…Didn’t see LeFors or Randall getting sacked…maybe it could’ve been the qb…hmmmmm…Pre-season gives you a ‘brief’ look at what the ‘rooks’ can do’‘’''I wouldn’t or couldn’t draw any final conclusions from last night…All i know is Kelly has some serious talent on this club…it’ll be a tough cut-down day tomorrow… :wink:

Some teams are talking about not making any cuts until after the second preseason game..........maybe after last night's showing Kelly will do the same.

our starting line didnt allow any sacks actually

I know what you are saying and rookie QB’s can play a part as well but how many games did the Bombers play with their “starting” Oline last season?

Winnipeg did show a lot of nice things…

I’m concerned with Hamilton’s and Toronto’s possible lack of “weapons”

However the rule in the CFL is that pre-season means nothing. The only thing you can take away from it is poise and individual ability.

most of it…and they were what, second in sacks allowed???