Pre-season games on TSN

Fair enough ArgoT but let's face it, it's all in the fine details of the deal and in the end, it will be about what makes most sense to the parent company monetarily I would think. We all know that if companies that pay big bucks for sports want the game played at 3;00 in the morning and are willing to pay the leagues for this, then that is when the games will be played.

Argo…could you provide us with your analysis as to why it should be at $30-50M per year? its only a 60 % variablity range. Tell us how you arrive at that number…Thanks

Just looked at the schedule on CFL.ca and it doesn't show any broadcast, outside of the webcast, of any of the preseason games. I'm inclined to think it's another TSN boo-boo. I also wish I hadn't looked at the schedule. I saw that the first regular season game was on June 30th and got excited, and then realized it's only February 27th.... :frowning:

I"m starting to think TSN goofed here.

Yes, they did post a schedule the other day showing exhibition games. That is now not there any more; it’s been taken down and we’re told to check back later:

http://tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?id=508

Evildoctor, evil or not, is correct in this:

So I guesss in a sense we did all jump the gun. . .

I would love to see the Preseason games on TSN, i mean of course the away game as i will be at the home game. I also wish they would go back to broadcasting everygame live online, they streamed every game live a couple years ago. I used to set one computer up at work to watch them when i had to work during a game. Worked excellent but now they only stream the game on friday night.

I don’t think it can be said that we fans jumped the gun since we were reacting to something posted on TSN’s website.

Right, but given the mistakes TSN has made in the past on the schedule (such as suggesting for a time that the GC would be on CTV), it is prudent to be cautious on things like this and wait for an actual announcement.

better yet, wait til it is actually on your tv screen

Last year when it was thought that CTV was going to show the Grey Cup game, the CFL.ca schedule continued to show that TSN was the broadcaster for the game, and it was on the basis of how that played out that I questioned whether or not there would be pre-season games broadcast this year.

I never saw the original TSN posting, but if it was the case of there simply being a list of games being broadcast, it’s likely that instead of listing just the games being broadcast, some intern inputed all the games.

Except that it was very specific:

Two games on TSN2 and one game not broadcasted altogether. So, there’s still hope.

Preseason games, especially the first one, can be pretty brutal. Maybe not broadcasting them is a good thing.

its not so much the game as it is about getting a first look at new players and how they progress.

Even though I convert to NCAA and NFL after the Grey Cup, to be honest, after 4 months without football I’d watch Bantam football in June if they televised it.

I’d watch the whole game, the pre-game and I’d stick around and watch 15 minutes of highlights immediately afterwards.

I have seen some pretty good touch and flag ball games :thup:

Does anyone know the final verdict on this topic?

guilty with extenuating circumstances :slight_smile:

I feel the same way tommy :lol:

…the jury is still out… :roll:

This is the main reason I would like to see the ex games.

I did the a schedule up earlier that has seemed to disappear. All but the Argos home game appeared to be on TSN or TSN2.

ADDED EXPOSURE

Whether it’s a sign of added interest or a desire to combat expected bidding competition when their broadcast deal expires after next season, the CFL is about to get some added exposure. A league source confirmed TSN will broadcast all but one of the CFL’s pre-season games this year for the first time. B.C.'s first game is June 15 at Calgary. Added radio exposure for the Lions is also likely about to come as a result of their new deal with Team 1410 in the form of a onehour weekday show devoted to the club.

Source