Pre season game at McMaster

That’s correct. The pre-season game at McMaster is not included in season seat holders 2014 packages. Season seat holders will volunteer enter a lottery for a chance to purchase tickets to the pre-season game on an individual basis.

8) Scott,
   This plan of including a home play off game as part of your season ticket package, must have just been thought of
    in the last few weeks, because when I upgraded my season tickets back in September, there was no mention of this 
     fact at all !!

My rep certainly never mentioned it at all to me !!!     <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

This is the first time this has ever happened that I can remember,  and I have had season tickets for 25 yrs. now.

Well, I sure don’t have any problem with “THIS” deal. I have no interest in going to a pre-season game at Mac. :roll:

Having a pre-paid home play-off game in the books is “FINE WITH ME” :thup:

And, in the very unlikely case that we don’t host a home play-off, we have the credit applied to the following years tickets.

Sounds like a great deal to me. :thup:

I have " 4 season’s ". Now think about it before you jump all over the Ticats…a home play-off game at THF or a pre-season at Mac.

Sounds like a “no-brainer” to me! :wink: Thanks :rockin:

Tipper

In fairness to your rep, we were still evaluating multiple locations for the pre-season game in September. So far, feedback from season seat holders has been overwhelmingly positive.

You’re right – traditionally, the pre-season game has been a part of your season seat package (and will continue to be in 2015 and beyond).

[quote="scottmcn"][quote="Tipper"]8) Scott,

In fairness to your rep, we were still evaluating multiple locations for the pre-season game in September. So far, feedback from season seat holders has been overwhelmingly positive.  

The more I think about it, it makes perfect sense not to include a pre-season game in the season pkg given that the organization apparently knew in September that we would not be playing at THF. To replace the missing game, we have been given a post season game instead, (much better deal to me) so I'm OK with it. If I should happen to score in the lottery, so much the better.

Just to be clear, if you “win” the lottery you don’t win a free ticket, you win the right to pay extra for the preseason game.

As per the TiCat website

Interested season seat holders are encouraged to contact their account representative or e-mail macpreseason@ticats.ca by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 7 to enter the lottery.[b] [i]Tickets will be available on an individual basis [u]at all existing season seat holder price points[/u][/i][/b].

Yup, it’s all very clear in the original post of this thread. I don’t understand the confusion.

It’s a bonus for the fans, bu the team takes another financial hit.

CaptainKirk Yup, it's all very clear in the original post of this thread. I don't understand the confusion.

It’s a bonus for the fans, bu the team takes another financial hit.

I hope they can make up the financial hit by selling out them Private Suites

Really was not too much they could do about it and it should be the last financial hit that the team will take do to the stadium.

Yes, it’s the same problem in Ottawa they have to play a pre-season game on the road.

Will if that temporary set up has been taken down what are the ticats plans that they say they have if the stadium is not ready?

I can only imagine that plan B would be to use Mac in the same manner as with the pre season game. Nobody knows what the actual plan B is.

Im confident they wont need it. The stadium is on track to be handed over to the city on time on June 30, and the CFL schedule was created with a healthy buffer with the first game a month later on July 26.

Everything will be fine.

Same was said for winnipegs stadium a couple of years ago. By the looks of things they look pretty far back from completion to this point I realize that we are still months away from start of cfl football but things don’t look to good. I think they are going to use plan b. don’t understand why they couldn’t just leave up the temporary stadium in guelf!

Exactly, and Ottawa will have the same problem next season as well with TD Bank Stadium being used for the Women's World Cup.
Hamilton won't have that proble for the pre season but during July THF will be hosting soccer for the Pan Am Games.

Other stadium confilcets in 2015.
Edmonton June for World cup but has already will be playing their Game at Ft McMurray.

BC Lions Women's World Cup. They could find themselves playing a pre season game on the road as their home game. My best guess is they will apply to the Riders for the use of their stadium. Knowing that there will be 30K their for the game and will get the gate profits like Ottawa.

Winnipeg World Cup for the first half of June so they should be able to host the second of the Pre season games.

Argos always having conflicts will be worse with the opening and Closing cerononies on the first and last weekend of July at RC. Now the track and field multi purpose stadium on the York Campus will have 12,500 seats and will be ready well before the Pan Am games in July and have already announced that they will be looking to host other events before the Pan Am games. Argos pre season game may be played there.

Ottawa june World Cup may very well be a CFL hosted game in a non CFL city like London with their opponents being Hamilton. TD Waterhouse already has a set up to expand to 16K if they so choose to. Otherwise it would still have a 10K Capacity. Ottawa will also most likley have their official road game at McGill to give them a Pre season game as close as possible with most likely 5 K seats avaible for Ottawa.

First of all it’s not called TD Bank Stadium, its called TD Place. That’s it. No Bank, no Stadium.

Secondly you can nix the “may very ell be a CFL hosted game in a non-CFL city”. I spoke to the commish about that last week when he was here. It takes a minimum 2 years to plan and announce. It will be in a CFL city in a CFL stadium. So forget your “well just’ sayin”.

"First of all it's not called TD Bank Stadium, its called TD Place. That's it. No Bank, no Stadium."

Also Known As - The SNAKE Pit!

Free Kevin Glenn

If no non CFL city Ottawa will still be playing their home pre seson game at another stadium. It could also be Montreals turn to host the Ottawa Pre season home game.

I have no interest in the preseason game. I did enter the lottery though on the chance the preseason tickets are reasonably priced and I get the early access tour of THS.

The price is that same as your other tickets as indicated in the quote in the original post of this thread.