Pre-season Game #1

This is foosball season galldarnit where the heck is everyone? You know you need not huddle around your home stereo or clock radios right?

http://www.620ckrm.com/listenlive.php#Main

I'm just going by the live tracker but it doesn't look the like defense is playing well at all, and the Esks haven't played Ray.

so were playing mostly rookies
i hope so because were getting owned
but i remember years ago we would win the pre games but lose the regular games
heres hoping

Best Rider QB tonight was Drew Tate.......

whether or not we had rookies in the game.. this was an awful showing!

Jyles was the Best of the 4 QB's

but it was awful.. they deserved the whopping they got.

Let's not get our knickers in a knot just yet. We lost 37-7 last year to Edmonchuck in pre-season, too. Look how that year turned out for the two teams. For us, it was an evaluation game; for EE, it was a better-prove-yourself-to-the-sceptical-fans game.

… Last year the Esks were one game away from the Grey Cup. Can’t say the same about the Riders.

Not taking anything away from the Esks on that one. But the point that a pre-season game is not indicative of a whole season still stands: the Riders did pretty well for themselves last year.

I agree with that. But I'd still feel more comfortable with my team on the winning side of a pre-season game than the losing side. Or at least have a good deal of the players looking good individually. Although that hasn't done much for hamilton, who has won almost all of their pre-season games the past few years.

ONLY BECAUSE the East was SO pathetic. IF one of the EAST teams would have played decent, ESKS would NOT have been in the playoffs!!! I guess your short term memory forgot that important point!!

Not taking anything away from the Esks on that one. But the point that a pre-season game is not indicative of a whole season still stands: the Riders did pretty well for themselves last year.
[/quote]
Have you forgotten that Saskatchewan finished SECOND in the west while the Esks finished FOURTH?

We thought we’d let the Esks win one at home because it doesn’t mean anything. We know how hard it is for you guys to keep up your fan support if we go and embarass you in your own house.
We’ll be much more motivated to be kicking some Grey Cup champions out of our house.

Have you forgotten that Saskatchewan finished SECOND in the west while the Esks finished FOURTH?
[/quote]
typical Esks fans, always have to try and find something to brag about to us Rider fans.