Pre-season Game #1 - SSK @ EDM, Sun. May 27th

...someone should get chris jones a hat...

Not just today but during the hot humid summer months you would see Jones wearing all black, a sweat box?
I don’t get it?

Too many flags... Jones has to refresh a few guys on the rules

So it is not the command center making the right call??

A lot of slop, but this is 1 week of camp. I think it was to be expected. In the end the Riders had 1 more penalty than the Esks.

Was surprised Watford was in as long as he was…totally unable to go through any progressions.

New Esks RB (Cooper) looks great.

From what I saw in Rider camp the pecking order for DBs and WRs were the same in action as in camp. Judge showed his potential might transfer to more than camp as well.

I was impressed with Daniels… seems to me is was the best of the 3 that played this game. Lauther impressed me too 55 yd field goal, accurate… maybe will beat out Crapola…err, Crapigna for the placekicking job…

Carter looks pretty comfortable and capable at CB.

yup, some poor guy trying to make the team doesn’t get reps because hogman carter is on the field with the defense

on another note, no offense for DC.

Yes but on the other hand with Carter playing two positions it frees up another roster spot for some other poor guy trying to make the team . Although DC does look good and comfortable playing at D-Back I highly think it unlikely that he can play an entire season going both ways game in and game out. Time will tell but I’m thinking that Jones will most likely use him more on offence and utilise him more in special packages on defence in different situations as needed this season .

Hogman Carter, lol. I’m sure it’s Chris Jones calling the shots not DC.

Most starters on D stayed at home and the new guys sucked basically is what I saw. Lots of cuts coming. We need more attitudes and effort like Carter’s.

Just watched the highlights this morning but yes, Carter being able to fill in here and there at d back gives some flexibility to the roster, no question.

This is the heart of the reasoning to play him both ways. One player doing this allows the coaches to manipulate their O and their D to better match up to and play against any opponents strengths. Wonder if we will see any other teams experiment with this moving forward.

I also think it shows Jones' good judgment in a way.
I think Carter is ADD or something related. He needs to be engaged non stop. It's why Jones reportedly met daily with him last year.
I've read where Jones thinks he could in fact be a better CB than a receiver. Could be we see him there more often.

Keep him busy. Keep him involved. Trouble with being a receiver is they are targeted maybe 6-10 times a game. About 10-16% of plays. That's a lot of time off for a guy like Carter to become a wingnut disruptive bomb. He doesn't exactly run routes well if he's not the target. He's got a lot of Randy Moss in him.