Practice update vrs Johnny Week 21

So the question becomes, is the CFL a better league than Manziel expected, or, did Manziel’s skills erode more than he realized? The “out? will be that the Alouettes were so poor as to render the question pointless, however, it is obvious that Manziel was not able to improve, and certainly not carry, the team in any effective way.

Right now, it’s more important for Masoli to become more familiar with his receivers, and the only way to do that is through actual game experience, so I’m guessing he plays until Jones is satisfied with how he’s connecting with the new guys…

Its the age old question. How many games would Bo, Reilly, Harris or Masoli have won with Montreal this year? I suspect not that many.

Have to assume a few, but good lord that team looked like a mess all year.

Not sure our B team can take them though

You assume there’s something in there?

While I would agree with you - and I did hear Jones say in a post practice scrum that he wanted to give Masoli 10-15 plays - that isn’t going to happen as long as Masoli has a bruised knee. Better for him to be fully healthy for the ESF, although getting more game time reps with players like McDaniel and Sink would certainly be helpful

B.C. in same position as Cats.
Spot secured, rest regulars, same importance as a preseason game.
Calgary by 4 TDs

Wally’s last home game?