Practice Site

The team appears to have found a permanent practice site in St. Leonard which can only be a positive thing.

More Ray Lalonde influence I would imagine.

[url=http://alsinsideout.com/the-snap/watkins-makes-practice-appearance/]http://alsinsideout.com/the-snap/watkin ... ppearance/[/url]

I saw that too, but I’m not clear on the details. Is this our new practice field going forward, or is it just for the 2011 season? Either way, it’s great to see Lalonde taking decisive action to address a serious franchise issue.

Very nice field, they even have a inflatable dome for winter. I used to play baseball at that park vs St Leonard back in the day. It is also the home of the St Leo Cougars. Happy to see them playing on a real football field!

Very cool
It'd be great to check out a few practises this year
Assuming one can find out when they take place

I asked Coach and he said all you have to do is email the PR guys and they get the practice schedule for the next business day from him. That easy.

Are the practices usually open to the public? That park is 10 minutes from where I live. I might check out a practice this week if that is the case.

Just don`t wear anything orange! :smiley:

I was told they are.

Gaberino and Saint-Leonard.... LOL yeah that works :slight_smile:

I asked Coach and he said all you have to do is email the PR guys and they get the practice schedule for the next business day from him. That easy.
[/quote]
Are the practices usually open to the public? That park is 10 minutes from where I live. I might check out a practice this week if that is the case.
[/quote]
I was told they are.

Gaberino and Saint-Leonard.... LOL yeah that works :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Yes HfxTC, I guess it does work! :smiley: Sorry to ruin the joke though, I don't live in Saint-Léonard. I am 10 minutes away by car. Since Stade Hébert is right next to the 40, and I also live near the 40, 10 minutes by car to the west actually puts me in another part of Montreal. I actually live walking distance from where the Impact used to play...

On a serious note, Stade Hébert has a pretty nice football field, as well as very good baseball fields. When I played baseball there "back in the day", the baseball field was 325 feet down the lines (about the same as Olympic Stadium) but only 340 in center field. It was still pretty cool to play in an almost big league sized park. And no, yours truly never hit one out of that park!

I noticed today the als also put practice times on their facebook page. Mind you they published it 50 minutes before the end of the practice. They are obviously reading what fans are saying and asking online. I would think they will publish it earlyer in the future. So just check out the Als facebook and you'll get your info, probably the PR guys don't want the extra emails :slight_smile:

Do you guys ever go to the Als website? :lol: It's amazing the things that can be found there including a link to the practice schedule in the News section:
http://en.montrealalouettes.com/calendar/1

It even has practices listed for next month although I can't believe that is all of them because there are two weeks in July with only one practice in the week which seems odd.