Practice October 1st

Just got back from practice and only have a min but some things I saw:

Flick running routes with second team and looking pretty good...no limp today

Some really nice tosses by Bishop into the back corner of the endzone

Foord taking 1st team reps in the backfield and running hard

Bowman was running full out and made some nice grabs...didnt see any drops

Chick casted up and playing on the D line

88, Smith, Bake working with Womack in the endzone on rehab although 88 did run a few patterns today and was running and cutting well.

Nice pick by Johnson on a bullet from Bishop to one of the backs...stepped in front and kept the ball alive until he got possession

New running back Charles was back in #38 and was taking reps. He has some speed and good cutting ability.

THat's all I can think of for now......sorry

MD was working with Womack , didn't see Fantuz today.

I also see on the CFL transitions that Acree has been released...and Mauk was missing from practice today anyone know the status on him?

Wednesday was a fruitful one at Rider practice. I learned the Chris Getzlaf is expected to start at slotback on Friday against the Calgary Stampeders. I didn’t learn who he was replacing but Michael Palmer is nursing a leg injury and wasn’t dressed Wednesday. Riders head coach Ken Miller said that Palmer is expected to play on Friday. Getzlaf has been on the nine-game injured list but has been cleared his time. Hugh Charles is expected to be added to the roster. The import running back will return kicks and see spot duty at running back. Charles is quick and showed it while returning kicks. Adarius Bowman has looked great in practice. I can’t remember him dropping a ball but he’s still not ready to come off the nine-game injured list. Miller said that Bowman would only be added to the roster for the playoffs. Import quarterback Ben Mauk has been sent home. He spent a couple of weeks on the practice roster as the Riders evaluated him for next season. The rest of the media herd was chasing the story on the Roughriders returning to plastic cups for Friday’s game. As regular readers of the Leader-Post you saw that story first on the web and in the paper. Riders president Jim Hopson held court on the issue and once again answered every question for the decision. Ultimately, it’s up the people in the stands to show responsibility and not throw cans at players. The ones that did are now responsible for longer lineups as fans have to wait for their beer to poured into cups on the east side" — Murray McCormick
Originally Posted by RodPedersen - QB Ben Mauk's shoulder has been bothering him (it was surgically repaired) and he may go home to strengthen the shoulder and come back next year for training camp.