PR - Box J Boys Pledge To Name Section in New Pan Am Stadium

Hello All;

As you are aware, the Hamilton Pan Am stadium debate has every group and individual coming out and voicing their opinion where the stadium should be located. And the Box J Boys have been asked as a group to come out and support one site over another. Even after numerous email debates, we still cannot unanimously agree to support one site over another.

But as passionate Hamilton and Tiger Cats fans, we still wanted to show our support for the proposed Hamilton stadium. While the Box J Boys cannot unanimously agree on a stadium location. We would like to announce that we are pledging $1,000 for the right to establish a “Box J? section in the proposed new Pan Am stadium, regardless of where it will be built in Hamilton.

PRESS RELEASE - HAMILTON’S BOX J BOYS TO NAME SECTION IN NEW PAN AM STADIUM
http://www.boxjboys.com/BoxJBoysSectionNamingRights.pdf

HAMILTON, ON – JULY 30, 2010: The Box J Boys today announced that they are pledging $1,000 for the right to establish a “Box J? section in the proposed new Pan Am stadium, regardless of where it will be built in Hamilton.

As season tickets holders in the Box J section of Ivor Wynne Stadium for the past 15 years, the Box J Boys have become one of the most visible and colourful fans of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Both sides of the “East Mountain? vs. “West Harbour? Pan-Am stadium debate had earlier asked the Boys to come out and unanimously support one side over the other.

“Like the “Tastes Great, Less Filling? debates of the 80’s and 90’s, the “East Mountain? vs. “West Harbour? debate has divided us,? said Box J Boy Kostas “Gus? Georgakoulias. “Everyone in Hamilton -- young and old, sports fan or not -- has a strong opinion where the stadium should be located, and we’re no exception.?

As a result, the Box J Boys have agreed to disagree about the location of the proposed stadium. They can, however, agree on one thing: whether the city decides on the “East Mountain? or “West Harbour? location, the Boys will continue to support their beloved team from their seats in Box J behind the new bench area for as long as the Ticats remain in Hamilton.

“The Pan-Am games offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that the City of Hamilton, the greater Hamilton area and the Tiger-Cats need to come together and enthusiastically embrace,? said Box J Boy Damon Allan. “With our $1,000 pledge, we are supporting the building of the stadium within city boundaries regardless of location.?

The Boys see the creation of a Box J section as their way of contributing to the legacy between Ivor Wynne and the new Pan-Am stadium. They are now looking forward to celebrating the first of many Ticat Grey Cup victories in the new stadium.

Oskee Wee Wee!
-Members of The Box J Boys

All inquiries may be directed to info@boxjboys.ca or http://www.boxjboys.ca

Legal Notice: The Box J Boys are not affiliated with the Hamilton Tiger Cats Football Club, Canadian Football League, any of their agents, contractors, owners, partners or affiliates. We are just a group of CFL fans who love watching Ticat games in Black and Yellow Kilts!

boxjboys:

I love it!  Way to go.  <!-- s:thup: -->:thup:<!-- s:thup: -->  <!-- s:thup: -->:thup:<!-- s:thup: -->  <!-- s:thup: -->:thup:<!-- s:thup: -->  <!-- s:thup: -->:thup:<!-- s:thup: -->

I'm very sorry, BoxJ boys are DICTATING as to the location of their seats. I vehemently object to that! Does the $1000 even cover the costs of what the taxpayers had to pay to have those seats constructed? Oh man, I could go on and on... :wink:

Oops, sorry BoxJ boys, didn't realize you don't have a vote on that, apologies for using the word dictate therefore. 8)

Box J Boys weigh in on #Ticats stadium (and other stuff)

Finally, somebody with a sense of humour.

The Box J Boys, a Ticat fan group, has issued a press release outlining their pledge of a $1,000 to name a section of the new stadium Box J. There's a great line in here:

"Like the "Tastes Great, Less Filling" debates of the 80's and 90's, the "East Mountain" vs. "West Harbour" debate has divided us," said Box J Boy Kostas "Gus" Georgakoulias.

First stadium-related chuckle in recorded history.

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2010/07/box-j-boys-weigh-in-on-ticats-stadium-and-other-stuff.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2010/ ... stuff.html[/url]

Also, I had a problem linking my old "BoxJBoy" forum account to the new one. So I'm starting at "1" post count.

Thanks
-BoxJBoys

Seems to me that in every new stadium situation the STH's are given the option of getting their new seats very close to the same general location as the old stadium location before any shuffling starts.

Love the satirical press release. Its really easy to believe its satire based on reality. Good stuff

Joe from the Box J Boys will be on the 900-CHML Billy Kelly show after 10:30am news block. http://www.900chml.com/ to listen in!

$1000 to re-name a section? You’re kidding right? Do you guys actually expect to be taken seriously with such a low amount?

I don't think it would be entirely inappropriate to name the section behind the Tiger Cats bench Box J and name the other sections accordingly in alphabetical order.

However in all likelihood, Box J at the new stadium will be 55 yard line seating as the benches will likely be on opposite sides of the field on the centre stripe. That's pretty much the standard in football to have opposite side team benches. IWS has been a massive exception with baseball-esque dugout seating on the same sideline.

So in any case, the Box J Boys had better expect to pay top dollar for the central seating like everyone else.

Maybe all they want is to have one of the attendants
at the stadium stamp BOX J on the foreheads, z-state?

Are people who don't have good enough legs
to look good in a kilt jealous about these guys? :lol:

Are you one of the people who don't have good enough legs
to look good in a kilt who are jealous about these guys, TF? :lol:

what is everyone complaining about...
They are asking that the section behind the cats bench be called box J that's it. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Regardless of the amount. Our pledge is real and its higher then what other developers involved with the "Great Stadium Debate" have actually committed to the building of the Hamilton Stadium.

As stated in the release, we aren't supporting one site over another. We just want the City and Ticats to come together to get the stadium built within the City boundaries.

Funny coming from someone with a whopping 8 post count!

Also funny since it appears you are using this board to push rentals at a cottage!

Let's all rename a section. I think I'll call mine Box Grouch. I'll pay 1.29 for renaming rights. I think that's fair.

Lmao
I didn't even see that, its pretty funny tho.

You guys should go after some Corporate funding from businesses,

It wouldn’t be a TiCat game without the Box J Boys. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)

I know this whole thread is a lark, but nevertheless. My post count is low due to a change in username. Not quite sure what my cottage rental comment has to do with it. But thanks for bringing attention to it, I have already had one request for information.

$1,000 is really nothing considering the kind of project that we are talking about, no offence, though the gesture is appreciated by all I am sure for the token that it is, and the passion of the box j boys is very admirable

If I were you guys and you REALLY wanted to help play a roll getting the stadium financed, I would use the "box j boys" brand to help raise some money. That's where the real value is in you guys, the brand. Tell the Tiger-Cats that if they want to find a restaurant willing to buy the mantle "official eatery of the box j boys", that they can sell that label on your behalf for a stadium contribution.

Leverage your brand to contribute to the stadium, or offer the tiger-cats the brand for that purposes if it will help. You never know, a company like Kelsey's or whoever might chip in an extra 50k to be known as 'box j boy approved'.

I agree. Once a team has a seating plan for their new stadium they will try to put STHs in the same area. People who have season tickets in row 10 between the 50s on the home side aren't going to be moved to row 50 between the 30 and 40 on the visitor's side without the STH's approval.