Power Rankings: Stamps making up ground

TORONTO — The Calgary Stampeders were down. We perhaps counted them out. It looked bleak.

And that was just in last week’s edition of the power rankings.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/20/power-rankings-stamps-making-up-ground/

Toronto won 1 game I'm surprised the CFL.ca crew didn't have them ranked as teams 1-8 with everyone else showing up tied for 9th.

And once again...cue sadder Elks fans crying :grin:

1 Like

Not that Power Rankings mean a whole lot and are just fun to see how others think but I am quite curious how Toronto, who if not for a missed chip shot would be 0-1 is ahead of Calgary who is not only 2-0 but also had a big second half comeback for the win. It just goes to show how we all see things differently.

1 Like

the cfl.ca crew definitely taking their lead from the Toronto Sports Network where everything every day is about Toronto...another team wins the Stanley Cup...how does Toronto feel about it? They can now shit the bed for at least 2-3 weeks before they will drop lower than 4th in the "power rankings".

1 Like

I think Squishy's feeling a whole lot better. He's ditched the bag. But can the Elks beat the Stamps this week?

What about those high flying Lions? Are they for real? Are the Argos walking into a buzz saw?

And can the Als play well enough against the Riders for Khari Jones to keep his job?

The only thing we know for certain is that the Bombers are winning games that they shouldn't be winning. So the Tigercats need to figure out how NOT to lose this one... and fast.

It's going to be a fun week! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I think everybody on this list is rated 1 position too high. :wink:

1 Like

They gotta stop feeding the Ticat players at half-time, cuz they nap for the next 30 minutes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Will be fun to see what Jones' Elks have in store. I give him one raised "Spockian" eyebrow for trotting out a 3 man rush featuring at times a rookie (#90), a guy who hasn't played in years (#91) & a LB (#31) & creating lots of issues on SK OL. Antigha, all 240 of him, started @ safety. Quite the "organized" formation behind the LOS. Fun to watch but till they get some starters back on D, don't see them giving Stamps a run. :sunglasses:

Hope the Lions are for real but doubt it. One of those games you see every year - once. Rourke's made top 10 all-time list in completion % so that's not happening again in his career. Ground control - Nathan, you're cleared for landing. Time to come down to earth.

Rumour has it Jones & Maciocia are not on same page & Harris going in was Danny Boy's decision. The over/under on Jones may be 2 games if they lose this one. Good news. Air Als pretty good & Riders couldn't stop Lawler so good luck with Lewis. Heck, but for 2 underthrows Holley & Arcenaux could have walked in for a couple of TD's. And those penalty issues are going to bite them at some point.

'Cats & Elks have one thing in common. Evans has started only 4 more games than Arbuckle who got run out of TO for lack of ball security. Both of them have been fumbling away the ball & lead their respective divisions in INT's. Until that gets sorted out, everything keeps going pear-shaped. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think it could be closer than a lot of people think... Elks went from unbearably awful week one to leading the #2 team on the power rankings 3/4 of the way through their next game.....

3 Likes

I think you may be right. In fact I think all of the games could be close. I was going to pick Edmonton but they have to show me a win first before I do.

2 Likes

Their feet are still sore where they shot them against Saskatchewan. But that's all fixable stuff.

2 Likes

I guess they need to 'get the lead out'.

1 Like

It's always hard when you put a bunch of new people together. You don't know what to do in every situation and quarterbacks have to tell receivers expectations for what they want players to do in certain situations.

The rest of what I saw was just familiarity stuff.

At least this week its specific things that need work not "everything".

3 Likes

Well you have Chris Jones as a coach so better get used to "bunch of new people" every week. Also if there are any players that the fanbase really likes he will legit trade or just drop him as soon as possible, gotta be all about the CJ right?

Once again the writers are totally out to lunch. The top 3 teams should be. :rofl:

1. Calgary Stampeders
  2. Saskatchewan Roughriders
    3.Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Note: When will this Love affair with the Bombers end :question: They beat the Ottawa Redblcks twice by slim margins. The Redblacks are coming off a 3 Win season in 2021 :bangbang:

1. Calgary Stampeders

Hahaha omg thank you it's been a hard day and I really needed a good solid belly laugh

3 Likes

It can't end. We're just too darned lovable. :grin:

2 Likes

I mean unless the Bombers lose a game cuz then a solid 90% of the "fanbase" likes to pretend they don't exist

Hahaha. It’s been a hard day and I needed a really good solid belly laugh.

3 Likes

Yeah I live here and I can tell you a vast majority of the "fans" couldn't tell you the name of the starting QB ...look what happened to the Jets the first time they were here. Winnipeg does not support a losing team.