Power Rankings: Some respect on the Lions' name

TORONTO — When the tweet went out, the BC Lions were leading the Toronto Argonauts somewhere in the neighbourhood of 30-3.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/27/power-rankings-some-respect-on-the-lions-name/
1 Like

The first sensible power rankings I have seen except for @Maaax post before his poll screwed them up. They got the top 3 right. You can bicker about 4-9 (I would flip Montreal and Sask) but generally I find them to be reasonable.

2 Likes

Gadzooks… I can live with these Power Rankings also. :smiley:

BC’s right on our tail.

2 Likes

Make that 3 that agree. I think I felt the ground tremble. :sunglasses:

1 Like

And then there were four… four that agree with the power rankings. I know all to well as a Lions fan that over the past few years we slowly creep the rankings only to quickly fall back down. But this team looks and feels different in 2022.
May you have a healthy and speedy recovery Mr. Burnham.

1 Like

The test for bc is when they play teams with a good D… cow town and The bombers come to.mind

1 Like

I also agree this one is pretty close to bang on.

In the last thread a couple of posters were talking about "power groups".
I don't think we have that this year. I think the middle and even bottom teams will challenge the top more this year. We've seen it already. It really is wide open for any team this year.

2 Likes

On what basis do the Winnipeg Blue Bombers deserve the number one ranking :question: I will give you my accurate take using my CFL photos :joy:

Nobody green likes red😁

1 Like

I will give one of very valuable thumbs up :+1: Aaand just like MisWeGotTheCup likes her steak well done (yuck) :laughing:

There isn't a single chart you can put BLM 1st at.
This isn't 2015.

I trust you never cook her a steak then… sacrilegious at best

1 Like

Oh… I cook her steak :frowning:. I put her steak on about a hour later I start the baked potatoes, when the spuds are done, I put my steak on. 2 to 3 minutes I’m good.

1 Like

My wife once ordered table side cooked tenderloin… she,asked for WELL DONE. The waiter looked at me and said Dont worry, I got this for you. He then looked at my wife and said I refuse to cook a top shelf steak well done. I will cook this the way it supposed be cooked and enjoyed by the person eating it. In fact the house will give you a free carafe of house wine and at the end of your evening you cannot say you had a fantastic steak then your meal will be free… . he got a great tip and 25 years later we were the last people he served the night he retired.

2 Likes

Aceguy… Calgary really and Edmonton is one of your teams😳

1 Like

… . he got a great tip and 25 years later we were the last people he served the night he retired.
[/quote]

Not my sweetheart, she is fussy when it comes to all foods, but when it's any type of meat in her words "I'm not eating raw meat"....good enough for me, however I have got her to eat lots of foods she previously didn't enjoy (everyone in her family is fussy), she has met me part way I'm good with that. Tonight's menu New York strip, fried mushrooms, baked potato & grilled asparagus brushed with garlic butter.... BTW I express to our server's she'll have her steak well, well, well done, we will not send it back to be cooked further if it's not done correctly, we will just leave. Please do it right. We had to resort to this as sometimes we've sent a steak back 3 times and still not done to her satisfaction. Were the customer, it's our money.

1 Like

They do make nice Xmas colors :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Believe it or not I’m taking the Elk and my hometown Argos in Week 4 :sweat_smile: :upside_down_face: :heart_eyes:

Eskimos-1978-1982 5 Grey Cups

Hopefully you’re planning to post your choices to C.F.L./GCC week 4

CFL Talk

1 Like

I think I missed the Boat :speedboat: :anchor: But perhaps I can try-Will they let me play with my 11-1 record :question: :hearts: :diamonds: :clubs: :spades: