Power Rankings: Making last-minute moves

TORONTO — Week 19 of the season presented the committee of rankers here at CFL.ca with something of a conundrum.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/10/17/power-rankings-making-last-minute-moves/

I'm not sure if my Lions deserve second given the anemic offensive performance against the BBs. I know the Stamps stumbled, but I don't think it was enough to warrant flipping positions with them. I'd also put the RB ahead of Sask right now, Sask is in a nosedive.

1 Like

no starting quarter back missing some of the cast and played a stale winnipeg but calgary is on the stale downtrend and falling can't keep good recievers or players always going to toronto and other teams . when roarke gets back he will be a breath of fresh air compared to all the recycled quarterbacks in the league which is needed for this league to survive this weeks ratings are accurate.

meh these rankings mean nothing.

its for the tv ratings and the fact attendance is low this year and the league's bad marketing again! just look at edmonton..........

1 Like

The rankings never mean anything other than # 1 and # 9. Just something to yap about in between!

1 Like

These rankings don’t mean anything, that’s true. However,
It should be seen as what it is....a fun diversion between games that makes for good debate.

4 Likes

I’m not willing to do the research but does anyone know if a team has ever gone the entire season at #1?

1 Like

Probably Montreal and Calgary but not sure.

3 Likes

Probably Winnipeg this year. (So far, anyway)

1 Like

Don’t know but Winnipeg will this year for sure. Funny that they couldn’t manage it last year even though most would say last year’s team was better. As Paul said, it’s just a discussion piece and shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

3 Likes

I don't remember last year's ranking, but I guess Winnipeg's lone meaningful loss was fairly early in the season, is that why?

1 Like

Big Play VA, in my humble opinion, is No Play or dare I even say, "Can't Play" VA.
Anemic is an understatement. Should we make it to the Western Final....it will NOT be pretty if VA continues on this trajectory.

1 Like

Must mean something if you felt the need to read the article & post about it.
What I don't understand is why people get so upset about them.

I can’t remember the details but I believe they dropped after their early season loss last year. I just remember that they weren’t ranked #1 all year.

Actually I checked and the Bombers started last season ranked third so they couldn’t go wire to wire as they did this year.

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/03/footballs-back-week-1-power-rankings/

Anemic is an understatement. Should we make it to the Western Final....it will NOT be pretty if VA continues on this trajectory.

The trajectory you mention seems to have flatlined over the last couple of games. We should be seeing more from him by now. I agree he won't even win the semifinal at this rate.

So the Argos win and get bumped a notch! Surely a spot above Calgary was merited after the Stamps fell to a woefully inconsistent Ticat team that Toronto has largely owned this season. (But the rankings don't matter; they're just for fun and friendly argument...) But I look forward to seeing the Boatmen bob their heads toward the top aftet a win...Pro-Western bias is the only explanation!

...after a win, I meant

Toronto has lost twice to Calgary this year, the last one being in quite disappointing fashion. But yeah these rankings don’t mean much.

1 Like