Power Rankings: Living in a blue and gold world

That is simply not true. They progressed to win weeks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. And without a bye week to rest and regain injured players.

3 Likes

I remember a really dumb post in the 1950’s from a drunken General Douglas MacArthur to then President Truman in which MacArthur Tweeted, “I bet I could invade China and totally get away with it.”

Truman replied, “LOL… you’re fired.”

1 Like

The simple rankings, 21 weeks and running. Bombers at #1, then the rest. As Jon said, the road to the GC goes through Winnipeg. It doesn't really matter who is 2 thru 9, does it?

1 Bombers
2-5 Remaining West teams
6-9 East Teams

1 Like

I thought the TiCats looked good in BC. I could see them start and put a few wins together. Amazing what one win can do for a team, and I expect to see them start to rise in the standings.

2 Likes

Interesting… when you’re in top spot, where do you go from there? Topper spot?

I guess we can treat the CFL rankings like we treat young children’s sports…
…every team is #1 every week… scores don’t count, Aaand we all get the Grey Cup.

Western division
:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:
Eastern division
:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

BTW welcome to the site

2 Likes

I think you’re right. The Cats are playing Eastern teams for the next few weeks. Five weeks from now the other teams in their division are going to stop saying, “Here Kitty Kitty.”

Should have known you were joking when you used agreeance instead of agreement

1 Like

In soccer they bump the top team to the next league up. In the CFL we can only go sideways. Maybe our CFL deep thinkers will move the Bombers out East again to shore up their sagging talent. Then that mysterious 10th team can materialize in the West instead of waaaaay out East in the Maritimes.

1 Like