Power Rankings Finally Becoming Clearer?

Okay.... things are finally starting to shake out. The pts. for and against for each team help suggest appropriate rankings. So, before everyone else gives it a shot-

I'll go with:

Montreal
Calgary
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Edmonton
BC
Winnipeg
Toronto

There is still the likelihood that any team can beat any other team... but now it's starting to look like - for the middle ranked teams - that isn't because of overall strength but due to the matchups of individual units between the teams playing.

Calgary looks like it has turned the corner and integrated its younger players with the veteran core from last year. I predict that they move ahead in the west.

The next 3 (at least) are 'pick-ems' (Sask. fans may put their team ahead of Hamilton and who can say that they're wrong... really.... it's only the for-against that may give a nod to the 'Cats) with BC coming on finally and Winnipeg showing the ability to overcome the circus atmosphere and put one together here and these. Toronto is sad.

My take.

I agree with most that but I dont see us jumping to 3rd just yet

yea third is a little optimistic. 4th or 5th is more in line with what we have shown to date.

Right now I don’t see much of any difference between 3, 4, and 5 with BC almost there and Winnipeg at 7 a QB away.

Only 3 teams are plus in the plus-minus on points. I give the 'Cats #3 solely because they are the third team on that list. It doesn't mean that they are clearly better but you've got to have some objective standard.

hey with a little luck the Ticats could be First. if they beat Toronto in the first game, which they should have, and Montreal, which they could have, and Edmonton which they could have, I think they would be first in the rankings. So third may be optimistic, but it's good to have a little optimism once in a while.... :rockin:

1. Montreal
    a
    very
    big
    gap
  2. Calgary
  3. Edmonton, Hamilton,Sask
    6.BC
    7 Winnipeg, Toronto
  1. Montreal
    small gap
  2. Edmonton, Hamilton,Sask, Calgary
    6.BC
    7 Winnipeg, Toronto

Well...the TSN rankings that were just posted..show us at 5th. So much for that theory!

Until we beat Saskatchewan, Montreal, or Calgary. We will be at 5th. Although I think we could be tied with Edmonton at 4. If we keep progressing like we are, I can see us moving up very soon!!

we get our chance to beat Calgary in two weeks.

First we need to sink the blew team again, and not leave 4 TD's on the field.

Repeated wins over teams like the Argos and Blue Bombers, or even the Lions, won't move us up in the standings. Nor should it. We need to beat teams with positive records, teams that are ahead of us in the standings, to gain on them in the standings and in the rankings. We haven't done that yet. The second half of the season will be tougher for us than the first half was. Finishing any better than 9-9 won't be easy, with two games to come against each of Montreal and Calgary and one more versus Saskatchewan.

I say... (but wtf do I know... lets be honest now! - LOL)

Montreal
Calgary
Saskatchewan
Hamilton*
Edmonton*
BC
Winnipeg
Toronto

*Could be flip flopped. Each won a game against each other, however, Edmonton stunk it out way too much to be ranked above the Ticats this week.