Power Rankings: All the Riders do is win

Cancel culture . I hear that G&W is big on it . :rofl:

That would be the natural order of the universe.

1 Like

If they called themselves ‘Calgary’ then we’d have two teams in the CFL with the same names just like in the 1990’s (and before). Those were happy times. :grin:

1 Like

It’s Elk

I understand the Lions have yet to prove much, but why are the 0 - 2 Ti-cats ahead of them in the rankings? (please don't explain the system, that is a pile of crap.) As well, the Stumps and Elk are ahead of them with the exact same record... baffling! I get the Elk, since they beat the Lions, but the Stumpies! they lost to the Lions, and badly!

If it weren't for the kicking game against the Riders, Lions would have won that game against the #1 ranked team. and they'd be 2 - 1 ... and the Elk were VERY lucky to beat the Lions .. Even the crew calling the game thought the refereeing in that game was one sided and called a poor game.

Poor kicker and poor referee are the reason for an 8th place rank out of 9???

Should change their name to Meese or Mooses

2 Likes

Seems logical to me.

1 Like

I was hoping that something with more of an industrial feel like say… the ‘EDMONTON IRON EAGLES’ would hatch out of those meetings. But I think the name ‘Elks’ had already been chosen by management before they asked for any outside input.

They aren’t from Calgary … maybe Stamp Eeders … in keeping with the Roughriders and Rough Riders …
Plus those weren’t in the same province … a province rivalry would be extremely confusing to daffy Albertans … they wouldn’t know when to cheer (or shut the f*** up)

1 Like

Edmonton is no longer a dominant team … the Eagle has flown … Actually that would more suit Sask. or BC, In honour of Eagle Keys

1 Like

Actually I thought the Eagle has landed, summer of 69?

1 Like

The year the Rough Riders beat the Roughriders in the Grey Cup!

1 Like

Hard to argue against truth. Well, you can but what’s the point?

1 Like

A result of acid rain, climate change or a combination of the two.

The truth is only ones perception!
You can quote me on that.

“IF” a frog had wings, it would not bust it’s bum every time it jumped…the kicking game is a HUGE part of three down football… whiner argument if we ever heard one

Not whining you numbskull, was just relating the reasons for the losses. And of course the kicking game is HUGE … that’s my main point!
They lost to Sask. by 4 points. The first half they had a QB in his first ever pro game. Then totally dominated the second half with a lame QB, and a useless kicker who missed 2 field goals from short distance, and missed a convert … 7 points lost that would have won the game against the top unbeaten team in the league… my issue isn’t about anything other than a team that has performed well with adversary and is second only to 2 teams, has a ranking of 8 out of 9 teams.
Refereeing in this league is suspect and has been for many years… this happens all the time with all the teams. My point is that they could be in first over all. Not every team can say this.
They’re 84 points for, and 75 against, for a +9. Behind only Sask. and Winn. in the league. So why a 8th place power rank?!?!

Well gee it sounded just like regular stamp fan whine

But i will agree with you that the team is far better than their record shows…BUT the record is what counts, not fan wishful thinking

He’s talking about BC, who I’d have around 3rd-5th.

1 Like