Power Rankings: All the Riders do is win

TORONTO — And then there was one.

For the first time since the 2013 season, the Saskatchewan Roughriders have started 3-0. With Winnipeg picking up its first loss of the season, the Riders are also the only undefeated team in the league, which led to an obvious shift in this week’s power rankings.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/23/power-rankings-riders-win/
  1. Saskatchewan
  2. Toronto
  3. Winnipeg
  4. Calgary
  5. Montreal
  6. Ottawa
  7. Elk
  8. BC
  9. Hamilton

Funny how Mtl is always hit with lots of penalties when they play out West and especially when they play Calgary. Just sayin'.

the sky is falling. Just sayin :slight_smile:

Boy it must have just killed these guys to have to put the Riders at #1 in their stupid power rankings.

The Riders got hit with more penalties against Hamilton and still won big, same officiating crew.

1 Like

that's just funny ha ha ha

I wasn't too pleased either but this time they EARNED it. We'll unseat them again after the Banjo Bowl. Enjoy the prime slot for now... :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

What's funny?

Anomally thinks ratings lists are funny. I happen to think that phonebooks are hilarious. We're a mixed audience here.

2 Likes

I agree with the Top 3 picks, I would have the Stamps at number 4 ! :wink:

Everybody else gets the city name. Why does Edmonton get the team name?

Maybe the name 'Edmonton' has miffed someone and their city council is considering a name change. I can see the billboard now: "Welcome to Elk Alberta... the Buck stops here".

2 Likes

the reason is two fold...free advertisement of your new name the second reason...nobody likes the evil empire.
power ranking are all about fan debate...nobody ever won a cup in the regular season. It is all about just making it to the post season and playing hard football

1 Like

No reason..

Labour day will be a barn burner. Sold out for some time. Best QB in the league in green and white facing Willie Jefferson, the best player in the CFL. I can't wait. Our family will be glued to the tv.

1 Like

Just curious, since the Banjo Bowl is after the LDC, are you conceding the LDC to the Riders. :wink:

2 Likes

No... but I'm always happy (or relieved) when we get a split out of those two games. Even when we're the top rated team going in we always manage to run into a buzzsaw. The LDC is always a 'who wants it most' game. I've got it circled on the calendar and the beer's already loaded in the fridge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Another personal favourite is Sears Christmas Wish Book. It should be out any time from now.

2 Likes

How many council meetings will it take to decide if it will be called Elk or Elks, AB?

2 Likes