B.C. - Still a good team
Hamilton - Looking better every week
Montreal - should have won against Toronto
Calgary - looking average, could be better
Sask - Bad coaching
Edmonton - over achieved
Toronto - really could be 0-5 got lucky with 3 wins
Winnipeg - injuries

Don’t forget, one of Toronto’s losses was a gift to Hamilton courtesy of the washed up Noel Prefontaine.

Looking forward to the Labour Day game.

Why do people let their hatred and jeolousy of the Eskimo’s success cloud their ability to look at things objectively?

You mean the game that was played in Week 2 that BC won by three points? In what fantasy land is a three-point victory at home considered “handled… with relative ease”? Also, since that game, the Cats haven’t lost and the Lions have lost twice. Power rankings reflect what is going on at this moment and at this moment, there is no hotter team than the Ti-Cats.

1 - Hamilton: They might be the best team in the CFL right now. They are definitely the hottest. If they can just start playing well in the third quarter, this team is going to be nearly unstoppable.

2 - BC: Looked to have found their mojo against the Stamps.

3 - Toronto: Winning in Montreal is never easy, so kudos on that.

4 - Edmonton: They lost to the Bombers, but that was a game that Winnipeg had to win. Won’t knock them too much but a loss is a loss.

5 - Saskatchewan: Two fourth-quarter collapses in back-to-back weeks exposed some serious flaws with this team. Still good, but they have the most questions of all the 3-2 teams.

6 - Calgary: Hot and cold, which might be the name of Kevin Glenn’s autobiography.

7 - Montreal: Fading and fading fast. I don’t recall a Montreal team this bad.

8 - Winnipeg: A one-point win at home in a game they had to have. They still don’t impress me outside a few players, but we’ll see where they are after the next three games.

That was week 2 and since then Hamilton is 3-0 and BC are 1-2. BC’s losses were to Edmonton and Saskatchewan who have since blown 17 and 19 point 4th quarter leads, but 3 points was too much for BC to overcome. Hamilton beat Toronto, Montreal and Saskatchewan at Taylor Field where they haven’t won since 2000 (that would be that 19 point comeback).

Saying BC “handled” Hamilton is being generous. Burris (26-39-359) out played Lulay (17-31-178) and BC almost pulled a Saskatchewan. With a 12 point lead going into the 4th they gave up 15 points to the Ti-Cats. A victory for BC but in no way was it dominating.

Cats first, BC second.

This ranking I’ll agree with too.

By that logic Edmonton should be ranked ahead of B.C considering a couple weeks ago they won by 13 on the road, in B.C.

1. Hamilton
  2. BC
  3. Sask
  4. Toronto
  5. Edmonton
  6. Calgary
  7. Montreal
  8. Winnipeg

Out to lunch with the power rankings, as per usual… Toronto 3rd and Edmonton 4th? No homerism there either… Toronto is not as good as YOU seem to think they are…

Do I go out of my way to insult you and your opinions? No. Not everyone is going to be able to validate your opinions by agreeing with them so deal with it and grow up. Or just go away.

Awww… did I hurt your itty bitty feelings? :roll: :roll: Show me where I insulted you… either you need a thicker skin or go away…

I hate the Argos more than any other professional sports team in existence and I ranked them ahead of the Eskimos. It was pretty much a coin flip and I wouldn’t argue with someone who thinks Edmonton should be ahead of the Argos, but I still decided to put the Argos above the Eskimos. I don’t think it is insane to put the Argos ahead of them either. With seven of the eight teams within one game of each other, it makes it really hard to rank teams because you have to look for flaws to separate teams. I think dcmoses’ reasoning is somewhat flawed – sure, Winnipeg is a team that Edmonton looked better than, but I don’t anyone should say that Edmonton “should have beat” Winnipeg – and his ranking of Montreal ahead of Saskatchewan once again defies logic (though not as much as a few weeks ago), but I don’t think that ranking the Argos ahead of the Eskimos is actually all that stunning. Perhaps his reasoning is homer-ish (maybe someone would say the same of me and my decision to put the Cats at No. 1), but I don’t think it is a ridiculous notion to say that the Argos are better than the Eskimos. But that’s just my opinion.

Now this, to me, is blatant homerism. The Riders are nowhere near the best looking 3-2 right now. They aren’t a bad team, but they aren’t the best team either.

Hamilton - showed their resiliency and clawed their way back for a big win
Saskatchewan - grabbed the loss from the jaws of victory
BC - started slowly and then got the ball rolling. Defence kept the stamps in check.
Toronto - offence looked sharp in the 1st half then went MIA. Yet to put a full game together.
Edmonton - a jyles fumble away from 4-1
Montreal - can't seem to put it all together. If the offence is firing on all cylinders, the Defence let's them down.
Calgary - what do you expect with Glenn as the QB? Great one game and terrible the next. Hamilton knows this.
Winnipeg - were very close to going 0-5

Saskatchewan - Sure we have five teams with 3-2 records, but Saskatchewan has kept each their losses within 3 points or less. None of the other 3-2 teams can make that claim to fame. I still think Durant is over rated though and losing Rob Bagg to surgery isn't going to help things.

BC - The loss to Saskchewan while surprising, was still a close game, and despite the surprise loss to Edmonton, BC turned in right around, spanking the stamps. They'll click a bit more under their new coach and continue to show why they won the cup last year.

Hamilton - Hamilton had an initial skid to start the season, but once they clicked, they've been stellar. Granted we need to see much better 3rd quarter production if we are going to keep this spot. For some reason the fourth quarter is where the Tabbies have been sinking or swimming. Excellent play calling as well is helping things out.

Edmonton - They have a defence that just locks down offences. The problem, their offence isn't that great. This is why most of the games involving the Esks have been low scoring affairs. Jyles still needs time to become a good quarterback and Hugh Charles is no Jerome Messam.

Toronto - All of Toronto's games have been close, when really they shouldn't have been. They just seem to give up big plays or fail to make big plays. The offence makes sense to me, it is because you have Ricky Ray throwing to very few experienced receivers, and those few good receivers they have, are stuck in solid coverage. If not for Corey Boyd, they'd be bottom feeding.

Calgary - The hard part about this ranking is that Calgary has some glimpses of being a solid team, but sometimes just fails to get it done come crunch time. I hate to say it, but that is the Kevin Glenn story, sometimes he can pull out that rabbit (like last year's East Semi) and sometimes he can't (like the previous semi's before last year's). Also, what the heck happened this week?

Montreal - It's looking like old man Calvillo is coming into his twilight, but to be fair, it's not is fault. Montreal's O. Line just has not been providing the protection necessary for Calvillo or for Wittaker to run. Calvillo is still spot on with his throws, it's just he's getting banged up too much in the pocket. Defense is pretty fair, nothing glaring that I can see.

Winnipeg - Still suffering from not resigning/replacing during the off season and riddled with injuries. Pretty soon this season is going to be a write off if they don't do something. Sorry guys, but frankly we all thought it was a miracle that Buck Pierce didn't get injured last season and Brink has a way to go.

You may not realize it, but the CFL is a QB driven league. And Steve Jyles is a garbage QB. Pure junk. Thanks to their defence, Edmonton might win 8 or 9 games during the season but there’s no chance at being a serious contender with Jyles.

Saskatchewan - took the pedal off of two games. Still haven’t seen anyone play consistantly better over 5 games
Hamilton - starting to get better
BC - Yet to impress, expecting alot more
TO - still think Rickie will get better
Edmonton - toss up with Calgary
Calgary - Glenn ??
Als - gettin old
Winnipeg - next year

Some Rider fans here are completely delusional about their team this year. sambo lost his lunch when I push the Riders down near the bottom after that quality win against Edmonton and he just attacks anything I post just to be contrary.

One question for you. Why do you say Montreal over Sask? Calvillo is playing on one shoulder and still putting up decent numbers and keeping his team in games including the late comeback against Calgary. I’ll take that over a team that follows up one of the worst winning performances in years with blowing a 17 point lead then the next week a 19 point lead both in the 4th.

There’s my reasoning. Interested to hear yours.

Every 3-2 teams has glaring holes. Hamilton’s defense is aweful. Edmonton’s offense is aweful. BC is inconsitant. Saskatchewan is inexperianced. Toronto still has some improvements they need to make as well. Out of these four teams I still think the Riders are the best all around team at this point in the season. They are 2 plays away from being 5-0 (A Dressler drop and a Milo chip shot). The rest of the teams are 5-6 plays away from being 5-0, hence why I placed Saskatchewan at the top of the league.

It’s much easier to fix a defence than it is to fix an offence. Trust me - - I’ve sat through three years of Chip Lemon Dalton Bell and Steve Jyles. Edmonton’s offence is going to be terrible all season. They’re going nowhere with the QBs they have this year. Which is too bad for Eskimo fan because they’ve got a pretty good defence.

Hamilton’s defence will improve some once they get Aaron Hunt signed, but Hunt can’t make up for the weak DEs they have in Hamilton right now.

The Hamilton D has improved each week. Not by a huge margin but has gotten better. Peach has given our D-Line some life and Boudreaux looks to be a good one. If we manage to get Hickman back that will step us up a level. Injurys have been bad in the secondary. Were getting there.