Power Rankings: A two-tier world, for now

TORONTO — We take our first steps into Week 9 of the CFL season and we have clarity on the one thing that hasn’t changed at all yet. This is still the Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ world and we’re all just living in it.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/08/02/power-rankings-a-two-tier-world-for-now/

Hot take for this week matchup, both mtl and Ottawa pull off the upset of the century and beat Winnipeg and Calgary by like 2 possessions. Yes I am downright insane

2 Likes

And things are about to get even MORE lopsided. Once Greg Ellingson (WR), Jackson Jeffcoat (DE), Brandon Alexander (DB) and skyscraper Carlton Agudosi (WR) get back in the lineup it's going to be almost unfair.

1 Like

That kind of insane thinking will take you far Jenson. I like the cut of your jib. The shine on your shoes. For now on you're in charge of the Montreal Account. Lose it and you're out. Bring it home and you're looking at a promotion. We can't afford to give you money but the title is all yours.

I'm talking Senior Executive with your own key to the bathroom. Are you in?!

1 Like

Well you’re not insane. Sooner or later it will happen and the Bombers will lose and the Stamps will lose to someone other than the Bombers. Everyone will look like an idiot predicting this until it actually happens and then village idiot will turn into village genius. I except those who have predicted the Bombers will lose 8 weeks in a row as sooner or later they will be right simply by the law of averages and that rarified group will still remain village idiots.

Will it happen this week? It could, but I’m not sharing your prediction this week, although if either team were to lose I expect it would be Calgary. The Bombers are certainly tired and injured and playing a trap game, but they always seem to avoid the wrong approach and truly do seem to focus on the game at hand only.

1 Like

Well he says he is insane and who are we gonna believe? You or the insane guy? :grin:

1 Like

Probably the one that isn’t insane.

1 Like

I've picked WPG to lose twice this season, @ BC and @ CGY they've won both and I will not doubt them from here on out. If Zach plays I pick WPG.

1 Like

That's just crazy talk. I'm chaulking this up to your recent promotion. The pressure might be too much to bear. Should we take away your bathroom key?

Don't knock it 'til you try it. For all we know duck sucking could be the next big trend. THAT and picking the Bombers to win every week if Zack plays. :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry my bad.....Bo chucks ducks, better?

1 Like

Much!

wow delusion seems to be the operative word down east. besides Montreal beating a banged-up Bomber team at home on a short week hardly classifies as "upset of the century material". if they somehow manage to do it the following week in Winnipeg. then we can talk, but thanks for the chuckle LOL

1 Like

So Gary Stern predicts a win for his Montreal team. Hmmmm, imagine if you keep predicting your team to win, sooner or later, you may be right. You have to think that the Blue Bombers are long over due for a loss, especially considering this being a very short week but can't bet against a team that "just wins". Hey Gary, if your Montreal team does lose, perhaps its time to fire the coach and bring in someone better, say someone like Khari Jones :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We consider Alsnation to be one of our more talented Executives. Delusion is one of his key attributes. He's currently in charge of the Montreal Account and we have high hopes that he'll land it without too much damage to the Airport.

For more information including contact information, address all of your correspondence to 'The Padded Room' beneath Bomber Headquarters at IG Field. We're keeping him sedated for now. :grin:

1 Like

Touché GHS touché

1 Like

Wait what is happening so am I in mtl or in ig field being sedated right about now

1 Like

No I like my bathroom key makes me feel so powerful to have my own key to my bathroom

1 Like

Just to be clear, it's not actually 'YOUR' bathroom, it's your own bathroom key to the Truck Stop bathroom next door that we give you as part of your Executive Package here at CFLCO. If you don't land the Montreal Account you'll be expected to return said key along with your executive table spot at the McDonald's restaurant in the back of our local Walmart. Trust me, NOBODY here wants that to happen. We all want you to succeed Alsnation... we just don't want to pay you any extra money. Now go out there and make us proud! :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Still think YOU'RE insane @Alsnation? :rofl: :joy:

1 Like