Power Rankings: A shakeup out of the gate

Yea I do think since they won they deserved a higher ranking. As for Montreal losing Stanback, yes he is good but Vern Adams is their best offensive weapon.

Without him they didn’t have a chance and they did pretty well without Stanback, Antwi did get a 70 yard run in with avg 14. Stanback was only 10 yard avg 3.7

The Stamps didn’t perform as well as they can but they won and some of the other teams barely got their win too. But they ranked higher.

These rankings as I said are just one person’s personal biased opinion. There has never been anyone who could figure out how the ranking is determined. At least not by results, scoring or any confirmable logical way.

Now if BC was ranked 1st one could say they deserved it with an over powering result on the Slaughtered Elks. Who deserved last place. But Bombers are only in 1st spot because they are 2 years champs. Nothing special about their win. They only won by 2 Calgary by 3, Riders by 7. The real puzzler is Ottawa lost and raised up above Calgary who won. As I said one person’s biased opinion.

So I just laugh at those who take these rankings seriously

1 Like

Well it’s not hard to figure out how the do the power rankings as its been explained before…their writers all rank each team from 1 to 9 then they aggregate the results and there you go. As for Calgary they had a meh game Bo missed a lot of throws, the run game was good but nothing to write home about, and your defense was not great as you admit Montreal’s backup RB got some good yardage and VA broke open your secondary on multiple plays. I do agree Ottawa probably shouldn’t be as high as they are as they had some dumb issues (not getting 3 points right before the half when you’re in FG range???). I may not love the Stamps but will always admit when they played great
…and this week they played like a middle of the pack team

https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/s/ecd19e/45.png

|

Samspade
June 13

|

• | - |

https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/s/838e76/40.pngStampederfan:

HA! HA! HA! The only ones I think are close to correct are Winnipeg, BC & Edmonton. But then these “SO CALLED” Power rankings are really only a biased opinion of the author. They are good for a laugh though.

Well when the riders play the stamps and beat them it won’t help their power rankings beating a bottom feeder

@Sam Spade:

HA! HA! HA! Those Riders sure did show how great a team they are NOT , eh? Losing to a 0-2 team by an embarrassing score 0f 37 – 13. They tried to imitate the Stampeders by giving the Als a head start but the “Has-never-been” QB, Cody Farjardo, just doesn’t have the jam or talent to get a come-from-behind victory against the Als the way Bo Levi Mitchell did two weeks earlier. You can’t throw more interceptions than TDs and expect a win. And Farjardo just didn’t throw any TDs all game (except to the Als, that is)But he does have an excuse, when you get sacked 8 times it is hard to be an effective QB. Then again Duke Williams tossing up that lousy Farjardo pass to the Al’s Defender near the Sask goal was typical of that show off. The resulting 7 points sealed the victory for the Als. Guess the Rider’s power Rankings were all BS as they head towards the basement, again! So again who in the Green & White uniforms are the bottom feeders? HA! HA! HA!

Riders definitly drop in the next rankings. It's one thing to not look great & pull out the win, and another all together looking bad and getting it handed to you all night. WPG & CGY in the same boat, but if the go 3-0 they stay ahead of Sask. 1 of Tor/BC will jump Sask too.

3 Likes