1. BC
  2. Toronto
  3. Calgary
  4. Montreal
  5. Hamilton
  6. Winnipeg
  7. Edmonton
  8. Saskatchewan

sry, my fellow Bomber fans, but I have to be unbiased.

looks good to me.

Sry, HT, one minor change, I chaged the Bombers and EE cuz the Bombers acturally lead most of the game, but that doesn't chage the fact that they need a better O.

And WYNN could be awful next week , but he and Stokes want some pay back.

The ARGOS never play well in WINNIPEG , though.

I may even pick WIN. to WIN.

BUT IT IS A TOUGH CALL , because of the revenge factor.

if I were you, I would go with TO, they didn’t have the trouble that the BB had in the 4th quarter.

Meanwhile, I’m going to stick with my team, the BBs and go with them.

montreal looked better than the stamps…that whole game was very sloppy until the last minute.

i got:

BC - dominated more than any team
Toronto - played an all-around complete game ( without DA )
Montreal - stole the 4th quarter
Calgary - played like crap until final minute
Hamilton - offence was too predictable ( all holmes )
Winnipeg - looked real good thu 3 quarters
Edmonton - couldnt get anything going in the rain
Saskatchewan - everything went wrong

Probably how TSN and other sports networks will have them. But power rankings really mean nothing. I don't even know why they exist.

Power rankings exist for a couple of reasons:

1. To show which teams are the strongest. A 10-5 team might be the tops in the standings but if they have lost 5 straight games they probably are not currently the best in the league.

2. To get people talking. Who is the best and who is the worst will always get people talking.

it's a "if the playoffs were to start in a few weeks" thing, only good for bets and things like it.

it starts getting more important as the season gets close to the playoffs.

it's also like a short report on the teams in a from of a list, I like to see it as that.

well said, roughy

But PW are not actually providing definite proof as to which team is the strongest. I see power rankings as basically being a discussion-creating item, since it is based solely on opinion.

it's a person's/critic's report on their opinions based on what they think about the sentregh of the teams, or otherwise.

Of course power rankings are not definite proof of which team is the strongest. If we just took the strongest team as who has the best record and the worst team as who has the worst record it would be a pretty boring discussion.

This forum and many others thrive because of opinions. Opinions on who is the best, who is the worst, who'll have the most yards, the best defence, the best offence, the best cheerleaders, etc...

last years standings show BC lions were the best...but they were not even close to the best in the last 7 games of the year....accurate power rankings reflected that which standings did not.

Well said Drummer guy, but I have to agree with K-kbbap on his standings… Calgary may not have looked as good as Montreal, but they were playing a stronger opponent on a sloppy field.

and your name is calgary4life

heres sportsnets power rankings for week 1.

[url=http://www2.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/power_rankings06.php]http://www2.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/p ... ings06.php[/url]

i woulda had:

BC - dominated more than any team
Toronto - played an all-around complete game ( without DA )
Montreal - stole the 4th quarter
Calgary - played like crap until final minute
Hamilton - offence was too predictable ( all holmes )
Winnipeg - looked real good thu 3 quarters
Edmonton - couldnt get anything going in the rain
Saskatchewan - everything went wrong

heres tsn's PW's.

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=547&hubname=]http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/ ... 7&hubname=[/url]

tsn's is terrible...sask. 5th?...i dont think so.