Post your CFL cards here!

My First Ever CFL Card which is 17 Years Old Now

2 Likes

Anybody out there ever seen any Alouette cards from the 70’s?
I used to have some of the greats, but barely remember what they looked like.

Jaelon Acklin CFL rookie card

2 Likes

Oh man! Those cards with multi-colour jersey patches make me drool!

But I see that some very inconsiderate person has written on a few of your cards. One of your kids perhaps?

:worried:

I have the complete 1970, 1971 and 1972 O-Pee-Chee sets including inserts (well I might be missing the 1970 checklist I’d have to check) in really nice condition. Here’s how the cards look:

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

1991 AW CFL cards, I got two boxes for $25 lol can't find them mind you. But I love em, also sure their very common.

Oh, they were beyond common. They epitomize the junk wax era.

But rocket Ismail!! Lmao I still love em. I always send a couple packs with bday cards etc to the boys back in Edmonton

Me I miss the days when cards were actually sold in wax packs. With bubble gum!

:frowning_face:

2 Likes

Does anyone know a release date for the 2021 UD series? All I've heard back is 'later this year'.

I've picked up a few of the jersey patch cards on ebay and they're cool little inexpensive collectables. Looking to get at least the base set on a new series.

1 Like

Is that the set with the foil maple leaf. I’ve been trying to complete my set for…well since…uhh…91

s-l400

1 Like

Probably not, the complete set is on Ebay…for $9

1 Like

Nope the foil cards were JOGO, I do have thousands of football cards from the 50’s and up, thanks for the memories just looking at that photo

No, the foil cards on the maple leaf were from the 1992 All-World set, not Jogo.

1 Like

Yep, you’re 100% correct.

I have the complete 1981 JOGO CFL 50 set plus bonus J C Watts card in near mint.

With the exception of two years in the early 1990's, JOGO cards were never issued in wax packs/foil packs. I therefore don't regard them as proper trading cards. (Of course I think all cards should be issued with bubble gum or as some sort of a kids' food premium anyway.)

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Vintage additions & upgrades, March - September, 2021.

A pretty good half year for vintage. Any year where I can knock three cards off my top 10 most-wanted vintage is a good one & the Beckett, Williams & Barry cards were such.

The Mel Beckett auction was quite furious. Six different bidders got in a bid with 8 seconds or less remaining. Mine was the final of those six, placed with 2 seconds left. One of my sweeter auction wins.

Tom "The Bomb" Tracy is an interesting story. At 21 years of age, he was Ottawa's leading rusher & an Eastern All-Star in 1955, averaging 7.1 yards per carry. In 1956 he played for both Ottawa & the Detroit Lions. Still with the Lions in 1957, he was a member of that teams' final NFL championship team. From '58 through '60 he was the Pittsburgh Steelers leading rusher and a 2-time Pro-Bowl selection.
Despite the low 3.5 grade on this card, this is actually the 2nd highest graded by PSA so far.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful cards that richly deserve to be freed from their plastic tombs!

:slightly_smiling_face:

Incidentally, how/why is the Doug Nagle card graded higher than the Tom Tracy?

And who/what are these Detroit Lions and Pittsburgh Steelers of which you speak?

:question: