Post your CFL cards here!

Back in 2005 or so I opened a pack of 1960 Topps Funny Valentines A cards which I'd bought for the wrapper:

I then ate the gum. It was crumbly and there was a bit of bitterness to it as well as the sweetness. Overall it wasn't very good.

:frowning_with_open_mouth:

2021 Upper Deck CFL, Round 2 (Part 1)

Part 2 of this post is entirely Blue Bombers-centric and as such will be placed here in the Blue Bombers History Thread.

Some vile mope musta had a ton of hate for the Bombers. Wonder if chucks like Lyin’ Guy (a riderfans troll) or Guido (a curlingzone super disturbed) worked in the card industry about that time. Lyin’ Guy hates anything Bombers. Guido just hates anything!

I wondered who got that Derel Walker logo card; didn’t last long on eBay for sure - the price was pretty low I thought.

It was the single best card I saw pulled or offered for sale during the first month the product was out. Being that it took almost two years after the release of the 2020 product before I got a Logo patch, I was all over this.

Weineke was also listed on ebay by Joe Daley here in Winnipeg. The card sold before I could get to a phone & call him. Luckily for me, that buyer didn’t pay for it & a few weeks later Joe sold it to me for half of the ebay asking price.

Well, if you ever get tired of looking at it, you know who to call… :wink:
Haven’t gotten a 2021 Logo patch yet; just 2019 and 2020 (first 2 years an Edmonton player has had one). Always on the hunt!

1 Like

just scored this beauty at the local sally ann, gotta be worth something

Not a card but an old photo…now with a CFL connection.

2 Likes

Is that you ?

No. It is a photo of Jim Kelly with Terry Bradshaw. Chad Kelly is Jim Kelly’s nephew.

2 Likes

Excellent … dang

I thought he looked familiar …

1 Like

Rod? Is that you?? :grin:

I've rescanned all my CFL transfer inserts at a higher resolution. Here they are:

1961 Topps CFL

1965 Topps CFL

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cool. The CFL included the Yukon and NWT in the transfers and left out Atlantic Canada. :roll_eyes:

That would have been O-Pee-Chee's decision/doing. For whatever reason O-Pee-Chee wanted to work with 27 transfers on a sheet. But 36 per sheet could have worked just as easily with Canada and some bigger provinces, e.g. Ontario, Québec, British Columbia and Alberta, double printed.

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Was it O-Pee-Chee or the CFL who decided to stop making the CFL football cards in 1972?

It was O-Pee-Chee's decision.

:frowning_with_open_mouth:

Vintage upgrades & additions September 2022 - March 2023

It's unlikely that I'll ever post a heavier, greater batch of vintage upgrades & additions than this.

I didn't need upgrades of either '54 Bud Grant or '56 Johnny Bright but as I said earlier in this thread, "never look a gift horse in the mouth". And the prices I paid for these Grant's was a literal gift. They'll mean even more to me going forward, remembering that I got them only a month before Bud passed on.

1 Like

I wonder if the CFL players were paid for the cards in the 1970’s. For baseball, Topps paid players 75$ if they made a card of them.

Hey, wow! Those look nice and white compared with most other 1954 Blue Ribbon and 1956 Shredded Wheat cards commonly seen. :sunglasses: Hopefully that’s not just some trick of the light.

:question: