**** post flagging ****

Frivolous flagging of posts should first result in slap on wrist. Continuous frivolous flagging should result in increase suspension of posting, IMO

7 Likes

Agreed

I saw a couple posts which boggle my mind as to how anyone could flag them

4 Likes

I saw those too. I have also seen many more posts that should be flagged that are not. Personally I almost never flag a post, maybe 3 or 4 in my entire time here (not counting flags for bots or duplicate threads). I am of the view that if another poster gets personal that they are losing or have lost the argument. I often point that out and just leave it at that.

But I have no problems if another person feels differently and flags a similar post if there is a rule violation. That is what the mods are for and they will delete a post upon request if it offends the rules. The thickness of people’s skin differs and I am not going to judge that.

5 Likes

Does flagging actually do anything other than alert the mods?

I imagine if the mods get too many frivolous notices in their inbox, they may take steps themselves.

2 Likes

I find beaver slurs to be particularly galling. :beaver:

3 Likes

I might point out that it was not my attention to make it a bigger deal than it is. I had to put in **** to make the mandatory 15 characters, grrrr

2 Likes

Flagging does of course alert the mods and then they determine what to do with the flagged post. If they feel that someone is flagging frivolously I expect they can take action against that person as well. I really don’t know though as I have next to no experience with flagging. Only the mods can tell you how they usually handle things, although I expect it is on a case by case basis.

3 Likes

That is exactly what happens…

When a mod logs on if there are any flagged posts we get a msg indicator saying there are flagged posts to review. We can see the flagged post and the person who flagged it provides a reason why they’ve flagged it. The mod can then decide what to do with the flagged post. It’s not a huge bother really. Frivolous Flagging isn’t really a huge thing.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info

1 Like

As long as we keep 'Frivolous Flagging' confined to the bedrooms of America. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Frivolous Flagging in the bedroom huh ? Sounds exciting. Do I need a manual and a license ?
:crazy_face:

1 Like

Oops will I get flagged for this ?

2 Likes

No , just your air pump . :rofl:

2 Likes

Sorry I was late getting back to your question... I was flagging. Now I have to do laundry.

Does anyone know how to get flagging stains out of bed sheets?

4 Likes

And the Beaver comes in where? I'm so confused.....

2 Likes

Beavers 'got wood'.

1 Like

It blacks out the posts in question to hide it from sensitive viewers
But majority of flags in that thread were bizarro land

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Finalist for post of the month award right here . That is unless it gets flagged !!

2 Likes

They took away my air pump. :beaver:

1 Like

My blow up beaver doll is looking like a limp rat.

1 Like