POST CFL Salary Cap All-Time Standings 2007-2010

All Time Standings for the CFL From CFL Cap enforcement onwards

I saw the thread about the standings from 2000-2009 so I decided to go a little further and show what each teams Win-Loss record has been since the League began to Enforce the Salary cap..

Montreal is first with 40 Wins and 23 Losses
then Sask is 2nd with 39 wins 22 Losses and 1 Tie
Calgary is 3rd with 37 wins 23 Losses and 2 Ties

they're the only three teams in the league that have a winning record from 2007 to the beginning of this Week in the 2010 season.

Toronto is last btw with 23 Wins and 40 Losses

Edmonton is 26 Wins 35 Losses and a tie

Hamilton is 29 Wins 33 Losses

B.c. 24 Wins 27 Losses and a tie

Winnipeg is 27 Wins 34 Losses and a tie

CFLIsTheBest great post thanks -- not that you asked for it or need it, but it's so good I'm giving you a pass for awhile now. :stuck_out_tongue: :thup:

Winnipeg, Montreal and Saskatchewan have all gone over the cap in this time period.
In my opinion, it's too early to come to any kind of conclusion in regards to the cap.
I think the results have more to do with the cyclical nature of sports and the CFL than anything.

Check back in twenty years for a meaningful comparison.

I hate to see it.

the esks May reach 30 wins by 20 years .. hahahaha I am so joking.

they'll get to 40. :stuck_out_tongue:

And maybe the 'riders will have won another championship by then.

likely 2 or 3.

we'll be even with the Stamps and Lions.

Why do we need a separate thread for just the last four years when we already have a thread about the last 10? Was the only point of this to get the Riders above the Eskimos? I can't see another reason for making this.

you would think that wouldn't you?

What was the reason then? There is already a debate about a topic very similar to this. As another poster already mentioned, this is way too small a sample to take anything from. The only reason I can think of why YOU started this thread was to find a way to put the Riders above the Eskimos. You're an unabashed homer and you hate Edmonton.

as a Hamilton fan why would you care so much that I hate Edmonton?

I have never denied that!?!

I did not make the thread for that purpose.

I made the thread to show how each team has fared since the cap. pretty simple.

I don't care that you hate Edmonton. Hate Edmonton all you want. It seems as if your only reason for starting this thread was to put the Riders ahead of the Eskimos. When I see blatant homerism, I don't mind calling the person out on it.

How is this thread any different from the other thread about how teams have fared in the past decade? This one has a three-and-a-half year breadth. This really doesn't prove anything. And has been pointed out, teams have gone over the cap.

While the information you provide is interesting, it doesn't show anything. A three-and-a-half year sample shows that in this cycle the teams at the top have been the teams at the top. It's an unnecessary thread when one that with a better, more accurate, sample has already been started.

If you want to be a homer, just admit it. We all back our teams, that's what makes us fans. Just don't try to pretend to be presenting things in an objective manner.

Actually, cflisthebest has a valid argument.. he is comparing teams in the post cap era.. as mentioned 3 team have been over the cap, but I don't believe it gave those teams a big advantage.. although you could make that argument since 2 of those 3 teams that have gone over the cap have won the GC. IMO, it shows how much a cap has allowed parity in the league as a whole in just 3 short years. I do believe that was his intention, but you read too much into it, like most Rider bashers do...

The comparison holds no weight because the sample size is way too small.

Also, are you calling me a Rider basher in the hopes of invalidating my argument? For one, I don't "bash" the Riders. In fact, I rarely even think about them or their fans.

Secondly, why couldn't this argument have been made in the decade thread? Instead of starting a whole new thread to satisfy some "the Riders are God's team, WOOOO!" ego trip some Rider fans have, this could just as easily have been brought up on an existing thread instead of starting a brand new one. I'm actually surprised this hasn't already been merged. I've seen two threads that had less to do with one another get amalgamated.

But you can continue thinking this is some slight against the Riders. It's what you guys do best.

The comparison holds no weight because the sample size is way too small.
I disagree... in just 3 short years, there is a parity among teams that was not there before... if there is any disparity, its because some teams are lacking in talent, especially Canadian talent, not because of lack of funds.
Also, are you calling me a Rider basher in the hopes of invalidating my argument? For one, I don't "bash" the Riders. In fact, I rarely even think about them or their fans.
As someone who claims not to be a Rider basher, you do a damn good job of bashing the Riders and their fans...
Secondly, why couldn't this argument have been made in the decade thread? Instead of starting a whole new thread to satisfy some "the Riders are God's team, WOOOO!" ego trip some Rider fans have, this could just as easily have been brought up on an existing thread instead of starting a brand new one. I'm actually surprised this hasn't already been merged. I've seen two threads that had less to do with one another get amalgamated.
Actually the records of teams in the cap era did deserve its own thread... even though its only been 3 years, much has happened in that time to merit its own discussion
But you can continue thinking this is some slight against the Riders. It's what you guys do best.
Funny, I don't recall saying that there is a slight against the Riders.. that is YOUR interpreation of cflisthebest's thread... but in the posts you have here, bashing the Riders and Riderfans ( especially of cflisthebest) seems to be your focus...

The sample size is too small because three years is not enough to say if anything has had an effect. Montreal is still the best team in the league, cap or no cap. Three years is a cycle, it's not a large enough size to show anything conclusive.

Aside from some friendly chiding, I don't go out of my way to bash Rider fans anymore than any other team's fans. Now, bashing the team, that's another story. I'm not a Rider fan, but I'm not a Rider hater either. I don't cheer for them, so I'm not going to view what they do with rose-coloured glasses anymore than you will with the Tiger-Cats.

What has happened in the last three years that is any more significant than what happened in the last ten? The Als have made the GC twice, Saskatchewan twice, Winnipeg once and Calgary once. Hardly Earth-shattering news there. It shows no more parity than the previous seven years. In fact, it shows less. Every team but the Cats have made the GC since the start of the decade. Only four teams have made it in the last three. Regular season records aside, it's what happens in the GC that matters. No one remembers, or cares, who won more games during the 2008 regular season.

You brought up that I was reading into things because I'm a Rider basher. Not the case. If anyone had done this, I would have said the same thing. Is it a coincidence that a non-Rider fan didn't make this thread?

As for your assertion that my focus has been on bashing cflisthebest, and other Rider fans in general, that's laughable. I've seen plenty of your fellow Rider fans take issue with statements cflisthebest have made. I've seen posts from fans of every team take issue with some of the nonsense that cflisthebest has posted. I'm hardly the only who takes exception to what cflisthebest writes. Heck, some other Rider fans jokingly traded him last week because of the stuff he writes! He has made some rather ridiculous statements. He is entitled to write whatever he wants, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to take umbrage with what he writes. I've debated him recently, but only because he's made some pretty ludicrous statements -- like saying NCAA QBs don't succeed when they come to the CFL -- that I disagree with. That doesn't mean I'm going after him. I'm just doing what open forums allow us to do, which is openly debate.

You can bash cflisthebest, but the fact remains he started a valid thread, IMO… and you think you can dump on him because everyone else seems to be doing it? If every poster here jumped off the Lions’ Gate bridge, you would follow suit? If you want to debate him, fine, but he did not write anything that warranted your attack on him… say you disagree, but attacking for the sake of attacking is gauche.

Its funny how everyone say the Riders “cheated” because they went over the cap… but no one accuse the Als nor the Bombers of cheating, and that is why I consider you to be another Rider basher… wether its the team or any of the team’s fans. You have yet to prove otherwise.

At no time did I say the Riders cheated. Please, show me where I said the Riders cheated because they went over the salary cap. Now who is reading into things?

Ah, now you bring in the old "I'm a sheep" argument. Weak, very weak. It has nothing to do with what other people are doing. You said that because of my Rider bashing ways, I was singling out one poster for derision. I attempted to show that it's not Rider bashers exclusively who take issue with what cflisthebest writes, but fans of the team as well. I guess you didn't understand that.

And you can call me a Rider basher all you want. I really don't care. I don't like the Riders. I don't cheer for the Riders. If that makes me a Rider basher, so be it. I don't have to prove anything to you, pal.

Enough of this pointless drivel, I'm off to enjoy the REAL Labour Day Classic in about 5 hours.

The fact remains that in this decade, you can compare the last 10 yrs, but then you have to break into two distinct parts... the time BEFORE the cap and AFTER.. it does not matter if its only 3 years..so this thread is more than legit.

Going to the real LDC are we? Must be a hell of a commute to Calgary to watch the Battle of Alberta... :cowboy:

Whatever, pal. There's football to watch. No time to be bickering with you. And everyone knows the home of THE Labour Day Classic is Hamilton.

Oskee Wee Wee.