Possible Injury News

Quite a remarkable response to a first-time post. Not only did VV16 provide original info (and how rare is that in this land of opinions, insults, and rehashings?) … but the subsequent responses include talk of espionage, ethics, privacy, subterfuge, countermeasures, battle tactics, and unspeakable acts against women. She even drew the team owner into the fray.

If I was VV16 I would think about retiring from the board - for more than one reason. However my preference is that she continues to post here.

Just curious why didn’t Underwood dress in game 1?

Caretaker, it would go a long way toward creating a safe space for women on this board if you could speak out against members who think that not posting your own private details, as a woman, online somehow makes you less entitled to speak. This is contiguous with rape culture.

Underwood took an errant mule kick to his head during the final preseason game against the RB’s. My guess is that they kept him out due to concussion protocol precaution until he was deemed okay to pass and fit to go by the team doctor.

Oh yea forgot about that. was worried he was in Austins Dog House.

While imho you are reading too much into that particular post, your point about trying to make the Internet a safer space for women is an important one. With three daughters I’m only too aware of the vast amount of misogyny perpetuated on the Internet. Sadly I don’t know any magic bullet for that one.

But back to football…

Waitress was just posting what she heard.
Free speech...go for it

One of the members here aggressively asked the poster to disclose the restaurant she worked at, and implied that if she didn’t, she was not to be taken seriously as a poster on this forum. Please, read his post. I am not reading anything more into his response than was originally there. This is the same member who has made libelous accusations against other cfl.ca members simply because they happened to disagree with his opinions. You don’t need a magic bullet. You can help by making it clear that such a response is unacceptable and a violation of the forum rules. Your voice carries weight.

Once again, you’re just making things up. Also, please point out where I implied she wouldn’t be respected for not sharing said info? You’re seriously living in your own reality.

I was asking where she worked out of sarcasm so that no one who reads this makes the mistake of having private conversations there, and I certainly didn’t expect an answer. I live in BC, so I certainly won’t be making any visits to any Hamilton restaurants.

Every single word I typed was based on my stance that she wasn’t respecting someones privacy, and being invasive on top of that. Now please, you don’t belong here, and there are also rules that say respect others teams boards, and by telling the team owner and fans how to do things and act here, you’re certainly not respecting that rule. And if this was a court of law, you would be charged with perjury.

SJW BS. “Safe space” and “Rape Culture” are made up issues and phrases that are an attempt to stifle free speech and freedom of expression. Basically, it is an attempt to give the user a epithet to throw at an argument or opinion that the SJW can not rebut or just simply does not want to admit may have merit.

It is akin to putting your fingers in your ears and shouting “LALALALALALALA I can’t hear you” when truth and reality do not fit the SJW narrative.

Not only that, both of those terms imply that men are somehow inherently dangerous, violent and rapists. Frankly, those terms have no place on this board, nor in the normal human vernacular.

One does not have a “right” to not hear opinions and statements that don’t fit their agenda and to not have their feeling hurt. Man up buttercup.

Holy Smokes! We must all have pre-game jitters here. Let's all take a deep breath and re-focus :smiley:

The original poster said that a player commented upon his injury, she overhead it and reported it. The original discussion centred on whether she should or should not have done so, and whether such posts are either, one, an invasion of the player's privacy, or, two, detrimental to the player or team, with respect to future opponents.

How we morphed into free speech, the perception of women, particularly on the internet, and similar social issues is bit astounding and IMO seriously off topic. I'm not saying that there are not an important topics, but hardly befitting of this forum in general or this thread in particular?

As was previously said - "Back to football"

It went this far because an Als fan came in here with an agenda and stirred the pot by literally just making stuff up, and they have a history of stuff like this. D&P has always been a passive-aggressive troll, and now just accuses people of acts against women like it’s a sport. A stunningly delusional individual indeed.

More proof that we should stick to our own teams board if we have nothing good to say. CFL Talk is the only place we should all be together, because it’s neutral ground.

You were right, the depth chart has Tolliver out and Underwood in for this game

That is the most absurd post I have ever read. It makes me sick to my stomach to read that last sentence. No member implied that personal information was needed to be credible… To make that leap is beyond the pale.

Stop trolling and get back to your Als board. Don’t ever assume that you will be missed or that your input is wanted here. Posts like that are delusional.

I just wanted to bump this thread to remind everyone here of the kind of poster disciplineandpunish really is, since he has started showing himself here again after being briefly shamed away, then returning to troll Ticat fans along with his buddy Johnny.

LeStaf and HFTC, and most other Als fans, are decent people who get along with others here, yet disciplineandpunish just trolls and uses terms like “rape culture”.

Also, his last two posts on this board were thread killers, and no one else wanted to bother after he took part.

My plan, and feel free to join me, is to never respond to him, and answer any trolling here with doing the same on the Als board. Remember, cats are supposed to hunt and kill birds, not waste time reading their delusions on the internet.

Thread killers? He has made three posts lately on the Ticat forum that I can find. One happened to be the last in a thread, but that most likely because of timing. It was on the depth chart thread, and was posted a few hours before the game.
http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=101806&p=2025813#p2025813
Looks like a fair assessment of a number of the Als’ players in answer to a couple of Ticat fans’ questions.

The other two were followed by other posts, so weren’t thread killers. Nor were they offensive to Ticat fans, or at least not to me.
http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=101816&p=2025855#p2025855
http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=101749&p=2024512#p2024512

Am I missing something?

His history has always been to be part of the flow at times, but then he takes every opportunity he can to add to drama, and even just make things up. Things that would have him guilty of perjury in the real world.

The point is that he is and always has been a passive-aggressive troll, and even goes as far as to shove far-left politics down Ticat fans throats. Have you not read this thread at all? I'm not the only one who thinks so.

So.... any injury news other than the Thugallettes pride being injured?

I have had very little probs with D&P in the many years he has posted in the TiCats forum.
I find him to be both a passionate and knowledgeable CFL poster.

And here is me thinking that this thread would have an update on Filers ankle injury.

Mike Filer could be out “3 to 8 weeks?

[url=http://www.900chml.com/2016/07/18/mike-filer-could-be-out-3-to-8-weeks/?sc_ref=twitter]http://www.900chml.com/2016/07/18/mike- ... ef=twitter[/url]