possible Big Big Trades on tap

Collaros = Moderately successful.

Collaros is having a poor season so far, remember he was on path to be the MOP when injured two years ago.
So to give up on him is way too premature.
As for Harris, he is having a good year despite the team record.

Agreed :thup: . Average at best.!!!

That may be hard to justify based on 2016-17. In 2015 (for a fleeting moment) it would have been hard to argue with.

Yes, very average.

He is not what he was in 2015.

He has lost talent and confidence.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, because of a poor O line and missing the OC, but he is a deer in headlights right now.

Yup , it would appear that somewhere between the 2015 season and the beginning of this season someone kidnapped Zach Collaros and replaced him with Drew Willy . :oops:

I’m sure Edmonton would send their 3rd string QB over for those three. He is a 100% passer . :slight_smile:

If Franklin is as good as everyone thinks and doesn’t have NFL on his mind, what makes you think they won’t keep him and trade Reilly. :?

Very very True IF Reilly is alive by the end of this season. Both good men and smart!!!

One might argue that trading him to the East is not helping the other team.

But seriously, his salary is going to hinder a trade unless he is open to renegotiation. His base is reported at 520k

I tend to think that was a small proponent saying such things. It never made sense for the Esks to move him unless they got the farm, which is what Hervey had been asking for. It was always the right move for him to make, where sure, he would trade, but the cost is going to be intense.

With only a dozen or so games left w/ Edmonton controlling Franklin's rights - the price will start to recede (ie. go down)

at this point any trade would be conditionl on Franklin re-upping with his new team.

Esks torn between trading him for value - or keeping him in tow - backing up Hatman Reilly in their Cup run!

Good point, also I recall on the Cats forum, an upset fan pointed out that over paying him has resulted in a lack of money ( salary cap ) hindering the ability to keep or acquire free agents.

True or not ?

Which is what Jones has been preaching, hence the dumping of of all the high priced, still productive, fans favorites as soon as he got the Rider job and his unwillingness to give Durant the farm that he was asking for this offseason.

If (when) the losing continues in Riderville, Jones will be lucky to last through Labor Day. :rockin:

IMO true. It is always a balance. IMO the Stamps are not as good as the past couple of years…conveniently, Bo’s contract has went up significantly. Edmonton has lost a fair bit of depth over 2 seasons…conveniently Reilly’s contract went up huge.

What made no sense with ZC was that he was coming off of a serious injury and was re-upped to a huge contract with a season left on his existing. It was a very poor move.