Positives from the game

Positives:

1. Maas had a great game. No ints, over 270 yards and one td. Good for him.
  2. Great pass blocking, keep it up.
  3. Yeasts punt return.
  4. Pass rush by the Dline. Hooray.
  5. Cotton is back. Hooray.
  6. Brooks played well, as did Shaw and Bradley.
  7. Kornegay didnt get lite up, niether did the rest of the secondary. hooray.
  8. Boreham nailed some FGs
  9. We went vertical. What a novel idea.
  10. No more hitch passes into the flats.
  11. We stopped AC at less than 200 yards passing.
  12. Defence played well all around.

Negatives:

1. Penalties. GOD the penalties. We play professional football? Bull. Lets discipline these guys. Fines of $200 per penalty would be just fine by me.
  2. Half time adjustsments, or lack there of.
  3. Runs out of the shotgun. This really grinds my gears. Why oh why would we hand it off to a guy who is a) standing still b) a yard behind the line before moving and c) in full view for the defense to seek and destroy? TERMINATE this play.
  4. Inconsistancy in the passing game. Flick? what? where? USE HIM.
  5. Run blocking. None existant. we need a running game to win.
  6. Coaching. Marshal should be shown ther door. Bad leadership and bad discipline. Dont say its the player because its not. Penalties come down to coaching. Ive played and i know. By now this shouldnt be happening but it just seems to get worse. Stupidity at its finest.
  7. Special teams could be vastly improved, but only on coverage. Returns were ok but Holmes would have given it a boost.
  8. Boreham.

Overall not bad a bad game, had fun watching, especially the fake punt pass attempt to Hitch (love it) and that crazy circus at the end was probably the most entertaining part of the game. And its Montreal people. They pretty much camp out and live in the winners circle. we didnt do that bad seriously. Losing always make you look at the negatives anyway.

Some good points but bottom line their is no "real" strong positives from game. Only reason we were somewhat in the game was the fact Montreal had over 170 yards in pentalties and 3 turnovers. That in itself is good for at least 14 points for the opposition. The Als would have been burried by a half decent team.....instead they won.

Again too many pentalties, turnovers and dropped passes.

Loosing teams play the "positive things" game. The rest of the league uses wins and losses to assess success.

Can't argue with too many of the points. Brooks really did look good at MLB, I think we softened up in the middle when he didn't return in the second half. The receivers really aren't making Maas look good. Montreal's receivers were making some tough catches. All of our receivers were guilty of dropping catchable balls. Yeast had one go off his hands, Ralph in the endzone, Peterson on a number of occasions. It's time for these guys to show something. Hopefully we'll see a shake-up for next week and find a way to get Cavil in the lineup.

Find a negative thread to post your macho comments.

Let us brown-nosers have at least one thread, Bluenoser. :smiley: :wink:

MAAS HAD A GOOD GAME?????????????????

HE HAD THE FREAKING BALL INSIDE THE MTL 15 THREE TIMES AND DIDN'T PUNCH IT IN! I didn't need to read past "positive thing" # 1. Maas has done nothing for us so far except under achive.

I will agree with #s 10 and 12. But that's about it.

Looks like we ripped page one out of the playbook and only used page two. Each page has one play on it.

Here was the situation every possesion in the second half.

1st down: we would a) throw an incomplete deep pass, or b) run a shotgun off tackle draw for either one or two yards.

2nd down: Montreal blitzes their outside linebackers. We have a five receiver set, thus nobody to pick the blitz up and create time for Maas to burn them. We either complete a 5 yard panicked dump pass or take the sack.

EVERY possession.

It reminded me of playing Madden on Xbox against someone who doesn't know how to play Madden, so you just blitz them every down and pick up about 15 sacks and 12 interceptions.

1. Maas had a great game. Disagree. - he was average.

2. Great pass blocking,Disagree - could be better. Too many rushed passes, receivers not open yet, etc.

3. Yeasts punt return.Disagreenothing special

4. Pass rush by the Dline. Disagree

5. Cotton is back. Hooray. agree although ahndicapped

6. Brooks played well, as did Shaw and Bradley. Agree with Brooks and Bradley, but I don't like Shaw's game.

7. Kornegay didnt get lite up, niether did the rest of the secondary. Agree I've always liked what I've seen in Kornegay. He's gonna be a good one.

8. Boreham nailed some FGs shrug got eh easy ones

9. We went vertical.Agree but not effectively.

10. No more hitch passes into the flats.Disagree I like the hitch.

11. We stopped AC at less than 200 yards passing.Disagree when you rush for 147 yards in the CFL you aren't going to need 200 yards passing.

12. Defence played well all around.Agree.

Negatives:

1. Penalties. Agree.
  2. Half time adjustsments,Agree.
  3. Runs out of the shotgun. This really grinds my gears. Why oh why would we hand it off to a guy who is a) standing still b) a yard behind the line before moving and c) in full view for the defense to seek and destroy? TERMINATE this play.Disagree. Can be effective if you have blocking. It's a draw play of sorts.
  4. Inconsistancy in the passing game. Flick? what? where? USE HIM.Agree.
  5. Run blocking. None existant.Agree
  6. Coaching. Undecided.
  7. Special teams could be vastly improved, but only on coverage. Returns were ok but Holmes would have given it a boost.Agree.
  8. Boreham.Disgree not this game