porter

The plan is to start Porter and bring in Glenn if required. Starting Glen is abandoning the plan. Now you trying to develop Porter without a clear plan. Take not CLEAR plan. This is akin to giving up on the plan. Ther is only one way to develop a QB IMO. Let him play and live with the bumps along the way. Porter is not a first year player, lets make that very clear. The plan laid out makes sense, its not costing the team the wins needed to make the playoffs and Porter is progessing for the most part. The last thing you want to do is yank aa young QB at the first sighn of trouble. Starting Glenn is most definately giving up on yet another QB without giving him a chance to develop. We've been on this carousel far too long. As for going long, I agree 100%, but thats a coaches decision not a QB problem.

Wow, you guys are SO knowledgeable. Maybe YOU should be coach and then the Ti-Cats can go back to their losing ways. 4 wins in the first 7 games? Maybe you guys should shut up and find something worth arguing about, like how the hot dogs and beer taste at Ivor Wynne, or what would be a cooler name for your stadium. :twisted: :roll:

Sportscallion you must have some wonderful debates out west if that is your favourite subjects hotdogs and beer you must stay up all night wondering what to say next, maybe next year you can talk about pretzels :thdn: :thdn:

Don't get me wrong, i like Porter. He's got lots ofupside. He has the potential to be a solid starter, maybe even a great one, in the future. Maybe it's the offensive schemes, I don't know. If Porter starts, no biggie. All I'm saying is that Glenn has done enough to deserve a start and see where that takes us.

8) Or the price of that beer !!! :wink:

You see, that is where we have a fundamental difference of opinion. Glenn, although he’s been OK has done nothing vastly better than Porter and Porter hasn’t gone into a severe funk REQUIRING a change of development strategy. I see the development strategy at the cost of 2 or 3 wins prudent (we may chalk the home opener into that category but none of the others) and you are woe to lose even a single game this year in order to secure the long time future. If Glenn was wowing us and the offense was romping with him I’d have to reconsider what exactly is in the best interests of the team long term. He isn’t and they aren’t. He’s been compotent not outstanding. We aren’t going to win a Grey Cup this year with or ithout him IMO. I’ve been looking for a .500 season while developing young players including a QB, offensive linemen, defensive backs and defensive linemen. So far so good IMO