Porter

tired of short passes, fumbles, he wont run although he can, get Glenn in , at this point in the season he is our better qb

here we go again. Back to last year and the year after...This time I will outsmart them TiCats. I am turning the TV off and am going to enjoy myself. No more watching these unprepared and underachieving losers make a pay cheque and waste my night in the process...

8) Porter is a "wanker" !!!! :wink:
  Sorry wanker, I couldn't resist that  !!!     <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

Halftime numbers:

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. GLENN 3/9 9 0 0
Q. PORTER 1/5 3 0 0

Well, Glenn has a completion percentage that's 13.3% better. He has 4 more passing yards, but has thrown more passes... :slight_smile:

And if Glenn does not improve in 2nd half, will we see "Start Tafralis" threads?

If Glenn starts this game maybe we score some points in the first quarter with the win, looks like that might have cost us this game.

I was at the last game vs EDM, it really looks like Porter is pushing the ball rather then throwing it?

Any comments

They deserved to lose. Rain and wind is just an excuse!

Numbers at the end of the game:

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. GLENN 12/27 183 1 0
Q. PORTER 1/5 3 0 0

What would have happened they left Porter in, or put him back in? Who knows?

Well, I don't think Glenn took the starting job from Porter tonight. There was much more wrong with the team tonight than quarterbacking though.

Got killed in time of possession. QP and KG were both off in the first half. That was the difference. A couple sustained drives in the first half and SSK may get 10 or 14 points.

O-line sucked, Defense was terribly inconsistant (could keep contain on one play, then blow it wide open the next), receivers were dropping catchable balls, Cobb was getting stuffed,we were drawing too many penalties, neither QB could handle the football very well, etc.

i dont think porter should be 100% to blame becuase the O-line was letting defender after defender take their hits on him and it was not like they were blitzing a lot. when i would watch the blitz i saw 4...maybe 5 rushers? to match 5....6 blockers?

listen, I like Porter but he is nowhere near as good as some people here think he is. In my opinion, he has yet to have a real strong game with the Cats this year. He's played ok at best and managed to win a few games, often because of Cobb's running. He often starts slow, which gives the opposition a lot of momentum in the first half and keeps our defence out too long. I was glad to see the coach go to Glenn early tonight and it almost paid off.
I want to say one thing though.
Why the hell are we not using Arland Bruce properly. how many times does Calvillo go to Cahoon to keep drives alive. We go to Bruce once and he makes a brilliant catch for a TD and then we don't go back to him again until the game is almost over and he comes up big again and again in the final drive.
Just use the guy properly.

tcfan. I agree, last year Porter threw the ball deeper and harder and would take off when he could. He hasnt had one strong game this year. Other comments on this Subject blaming the defence is totally wrong. I agree they let their QB off the hook a few times in the first half but they were on the field the whole half. We had only 2 and outs and turnovers, what do you expect.

Other thoughts, Davis two dropped balls on second downs really hurt us and did you notice that in the second half when we were down Bauman is not even on the field . Interesting stat, that guy Bagg wasnt even drafted and is a lot more effective then many receivers in that draft class

As much as I like the guy, we have to pin this loss on him. Most of the points were scored with the wind, and he looked pathetic right from the start. I'm happy for the short leash, and the Cats did make a game of it, but that performance was inexcusable. How does any professional athlete perform that badly???? Who was he throwing to? I think he should get the start for the next game, but with a shorter leash than this one.

i'm not convinced he should start next game. he's yet to have a really good game this year.

Uhmm… Porter … played ONE QUARTER… Glenn did not fair ANY better in the 2nd Quarter.

side note: I’d be proud if my sister threw like Porter

His hand his injured. That is the reason he cant put any zip on the ball. Apparently it hasnt been quite right for a few games now. I heard that on CHML.

How can you be serious to blame him for the loss?

The oline was terrible in the first half.

KG did nothing when he came in in the second quarter.

Chris Davis can't catch on second down. This guy has been a drive killer for us.

Porter did not look good but we did pull him.

8) Some guy just said on the 5th quarter that he knows for a fact that Porter has an injured throwing arm, that has bothered him since training camp !!!
  That is the reason that he is wearing that brace on his arm  !!!

tcfan. I agree, last year Porter threw the ball deeper and harder and would take off when he could. He hasnt had one strong game this year. Other comments on this Subject blaming the defence is totally wrong. I agree they let their QB off the hook a few times in the first half but they were on the field the whole half. We had only 2 and outs and turnovers, what do you expect.

Other thoughts, Davis two dropped balls on second downs really hurt us and did you notice that in the second half when we were down Bauman is not even on the field . Interesting stat, that guy Bagg wasnt even drafted and is a lot more effective then many receivers in that draft class

i like Davis but he's not the possession guy we need to go to in a game like this when we need to drive the ball. That would be Arland Bruce. tonight reminded me of the last 4 years when our coaching staff refused to use our best players properly. For God's sake use the experience of the guy and his sure hands. What the heck are we doing throwing to Davis more than Bruce expecially when he's dropping balls.