Porter to start?

On the scratching post the question of will there be a change at QB was posed. Cotez didn't deny it and said all positions will be reviewed. Porter is not the answer and should not even be considered. Burris needs to lead this team if they are to have any chance.

If Burris struggles though, put LaFavour in. I'd liked his attitude and confidence in training camp, could jolt the offence awake.

I'd like to see defensive changes first....I think the offense has been great for many games....good for some....and bad for a couple...
The defense has been bad start to finish...

I feel like the offense has now been affected by the lack of support. If Burris makes a mistake...it's lethal....if the offense regroups and marches for a score and 2 pt convert to get back into games....the defense lets the other team march right down the field on the next series and score....negating the offensive momentum....

Need a big stop? Fagettaboutit!

The offense knows they have to be flawless...they will not be bailed out....so when they make small mistakes...(Fantuz dropping a 5 yd pass)....it is compounded.....because we all know, once the other team gets the ball, they will keep it....and probably score again....

It's hard for the offense to get enthused when there is zero faith in a big stop when they need it. Even when the TCs came out strong offensively in the 3rd quarter and scored....I said that there was only one problem....the Argos were going to get the ball back and probably march down and score....and, of course, they did....that's a kick in the gut for Burris and the O...

Burris is putting up sufficient scoring numbers in most games for this team to win. If anyone has to come in to replace him at some point, I would like the Cats to give LeFevour a shot.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

The 3rd string quarterback is always the most popular player on a team. :roll:

Seriously, Porter can't do any worse than Burris right now, put him in, get him some playing time to get rid of the rust. It's pretty obvious now why Calgary got rid of Burris....

It amazes me how fans can turn so easily on Burris. This guy came here with a great attitude and eager to play. His stats at still good for the season, despite receivers not catching the ball and no offensive line. If you guys think our quarterback is the most pressing issue on this team, then you don't have a clue. Problem #1 is the defense. We can score 100 points a game but the defense would give up 150. Fix that and we can win some games.

If you say so. I am of the "how much more offense would we have to put up every week to win with THIS defence" mindset. When has Porter put up 30 points a game other than his debut versus the Als? I seriously cannot remember. All Burris has done so far this season is help lead the Cats to the top tier in most offensive categories this year. He isn't the problem. I seriously doubt Porter is a solution to the fact we have turnstiles for secondary tacklers, a DC who can't call the proper coverages for down and distance often, etc.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

There are eight games left let's see what Porter can do win lose or draw. At least we know what we will need next year if he turns sour. The year is gone, I have never seen a defense play as bad and inconsistent as these guys. I do not care who you may try to bring in the defense is lost for the season. It will take a new coach 3 or 4 games just to get them working his new schemes..not going to happen this year. At least on the offense except for the line their is a lot of potential so at least try to put the Porter situation to bed once and for all. Burris is finished, that is why Hufnagel got rid of him, too hot and cold during the game. No consistence, the spark is gone time to hang them up or mentor Porter and the rookie. Lets see what Porter can do knowing he will not be saved.

As for the defence..........I hate to say it but there are only about 3 or 4 I would keep the rest get rid of them. The o line needs retooling and the special teams is a mess. Too much work to salvage this season. Coaching, I am not sure about the head coach, but the DC has got to go as does the special teams coach. Other than that we should right on traget for the basement.

There are eight games left let's see what Porter can do win lose or draw. At least we know what we will need next year if he turns sour. The year is gone, I have never seen a defense play as bad and inconsistent as these guys. I do not care who you may try to bring in the defense is lost for the season. It will take a new coach 3 or 4 games just to get them working his new schemes..not going to happen this year. At least on the offense except for the line their is a lot of potential so at least try to put the Porter situation to bed once and for all. Burris is finished, that is why Hufnagel got rid of him, too hot and cold during the game. No consistence, the spark is gone time to hang them up or mentor Porter and the rookie. Lets see what Porter can do knowing he will not be saved.

As for the defence..........I hate to say it but there are only about 3 or 4 I would keep the rest get rid of them. The o line needs retooling and the special teams is a mess. Too much work to salvage this season. Coaching, I am not sure about the head coach, but the DC has got to go as does the special teams coach. Other than that we should right on traget for the basement.

I disagree about Porter - that would be throwing away all of the year. Yes I would change the D bigtime.

We need a cut all the linebackers and get some in there that can play the position. These guys are a joke.

Dude, the year is already thrown away. They're 3-7. The best they can hope for is to squeak into the playoffs and get hammered by Toronto or Montreal. Might as well see if Porter has what it takes or if he should be allowed to walk in the off-season.

Blogskeeweewee,

If the Cats play Porter, they won't even sneek into the playoffs.

Burris's biggest problem is he can't catch the ball. Apart from Stala, he is throwing to guys who can't catch consistently and have zero compete level.

I still have reservations about Burris but he doesn't get much help from his receivers.

An Argo-Cat fan

Dude you must have been one of the same that said Calvillo had no talent when he played for us. How would you know who has got the talent unless you play them? Forget the playoffs it is over period! I am tired of these die hards who can not accept the facts in front of their faces. We are all Cats fans here who want to see a good team but we are mature enough to accept the fact that the year is lost. There is far too much damage on this team to save the year. Even if they did make the playoffs it will not be a home game. Accept the fact we have to find out who we want to keep for next year and the QB job is the biggest one I can think of right now.

Does anyone else feel the players who play well are not being rewarded?
It seems to me, that, there is an agenda to start certain players regardless of how they perform. Yet, guys who make the most of their opportunities ( stalla, colbourne ) are not rewarded with playing time/made a starter.

Yes, Burris is not playing as well as 4 or 5 games ago, but he is not the problem/reason why the Tiger-Cats are 3-7. I am surprised that the Head Coach is talking-as some fans- about a change at QB. During today's game, some of his receivers did let him down/ dropped well thrown passes,particularly B.Grant; without the drops and the fumble by C.Williams,the outcome could have been much different.

Offensively, the Tiger-Cats are amongst the best in yards gained and points scored; they have averaged 392.5 yards a game and have scored an average of 29 points a game,the best; the numbers are different on defence; they are giving an average of 448.2 yards a game-the worst- and 33.9 points,again the worst. The main problems lies with the defence.

Andy Fantuz has been a major disappointment; he is averaging 49.3yards a game; C.Williams,who is probably earning 3 time less than Fantuz, is averaging 77.5 yards a game. Sam Giguère is also a major disappointment.

There are still 8 games to be played and I expect your Team to improve/make the playoffs.

Richard

Clearly the man has a bum shoulder......

Going by the way Cortez is running this show, I won't be surprised to see Poorter get some action.
It will be bad, but at least it will be funny.

unbeleivable.

you got the highest scoring team, unless sask scores more than 48 tomorrow.

after 9 games, burris was second in passer rating, leading the league in TDs, best tdint ratio and third in yards.

whatmore do you want from a QB?

meanwhile, as you all know, your D doesnt exist.

and some of you want to change QBs?????? Whats in your drinking water out there?