Popp Runner

The team that wins twice as much, lives half as long - and you have won so very, very much Alouettes.

[i]Johnny has seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack formations on fire off the shoulder of Bryan Chiu. Johnny watched shotgun formations glitter in the trenches near the enemy goal line.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to bail out.[/i]

Well-played, sir. :smiley:

I don’t know why Sutton saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody’s life; my life. All he’d wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did Popp come from? When am I going to get the ball? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Bowman: May I ask you a personal question?
Wetenhall: Sure.
Bowman: Have you ever fired a GM by mistake?
Wetenhall: No.
Bowman: But in your position, that is a risk.

Cato: He's a replicant, isn't he?
Lewis: I'm impressed. How many questions does it usually take to spot them?
Cato: I don't get it, Nik.
Lewis: How many questions?
Cato: Twenty, thirty, cross-referenced.
Lewis: It took more than a hundred for Popp, didn't it?
Cato: [realizing Popp believes he's a coach] He doesn't know.
Lewis: He's beginning to suspect, I think.
Cato: Suspect? How can it not know what it is?

Popp: I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

Announcer: A new life awaits you with the Montreal Alouettes! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Bob had been there, and let him live. Five times, he figured. He was wrong. Lewis had told me Jim was special. No termination date. I didn't know how long we had together... Who does?

This is a first, but at this point :lol:

People on Twitter says Popp has actually stepped down, Alouettes denying it. Hmmmmm

Oh yeah! Johnny knew you guys would get this! :smiley: Well done. :thup:

[i]Too funny! You're obviously a fan of the movie as well.

For those who don't get the references, Johnny imagined the demise and eventual end of the Alouettes, just like the demise and end of the replicants in Blade Runner. Here are the scenes that Johnny modified for his post:[/i]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxHYHPzs7s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8

If anyone has yet to see this movie, run out and buy the Director's cut. It's awesome! :rockin:

Jim Popp: Hey Rock! How you doing? I'm a big fan!

The Rock: Jim....KNOW YOUR DAMN ROLE!!!

Great movie, but "burns twice as bright burns half as long" makes sense: burning bright uses more fuel and runs out faster. Equating success being the harbinger of failure is tenuous. It is the bad decisions to try to squeeze out one more season from veterans, or making bad follow-up coaching/personnel decisions.

If the Als/Popp had

• a QB ready to play "Calvillo" to AC's Tracy Ham; and
  • a LT ready to replace Burke (he has been injury prone for years).
    I don't believe the Als would have taken this dive; - a NT/DT to buttress the defensive line would have helped too.

OR

Don't follow-up a bad hire in Hawkins by Higgins, and I am POSITIVE the dive doesn't happen. Decent coaching would not only have helped the "now" but allowed AC to be properly groomed as a coach instead of being thrown into the ocean without a life-jacket.

LOVE it

Huh?

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Love it!

[quote="Johnny Ticat slayer"]The team that wins twice as much, lives half as long - and you have won so very, very much Alouettes.

I want more WINS, f***er.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjbAgwdBaTI

Maybe Chappy will give us some more life! :smiley: