Poor Public Relations

As a nurse manager in a long term facility we have seniors that have been long time season ticat ticket holders who are still excited and want to be part of the ticats. We have invited them to visit our facility with no reply. We have now arranged for some of our residents to attend a home game in July. It was very difficult to purchase tickets and be assured that we would have wheelchair sitting since being in their 90's mobility is a factor. We had a staff member visit in person the public relations office and telephone contacts to have one of our resident be involved in the Oskeewee chant. We were promised a return phone call and are still waiting.We have arranged for staff to volunteer to accompany these residents to a game. Both residents and staff feel that we are being ignored. :frowning: :frowning:

Did you ever get a response?

That's a shame because I've always gotten a very quick and helpful response from anyone I have dealt with at the office.

I am also a nurse and work with the nurse manager that posted this thread and I believe the elderly are being ignored because there is more money to be made with the younger audience. But the tiger cats shouldn't forget they're long time elderly supporters. As a tiger cats fan and season ticket holder I am a little disgusted our elderly residents weren't taken more seriously or deserving of a phone call back.

Bob bragged about putting flowers in the women's tolet but can do anything to help are elderly but one day he will be elderly and you know what they say about pay back its a b......

I don't even think they should be charging wheelchair bound or infirmed senior citizens for tickets. It would be nice if Bob would put them up for at least one game as a public goodwill gesture in light of this unflattering oversight.

Susan,

I am sure you can appreciate how busy the front office is, especially as the season opener approaches.

I am quite certain that the Cats are not ignoring you, per se, but are simply overwhelmed. They are usually very prompt, so I am sure you'll hear from them shortly.

On an aside...If you don't hear from them by Monday, please PM me and I'll personally arrange for a player to visit your facility. Likewise, if you can't coordinate the tickets through the Cats, please let me know and I'll purchase them myself. One way or another, we'll get our seniors to a game!

Cheers,
JAG.

Come on! nothing can ever be as bad as the Hamilton Bulldogs public relations department!

A lot of hours go into arrange events, guests and entertainment throughout the off-season so that when the season begins every item is properly planned and executed.

The game day coordinator is attempting his best to arrange that the individual you care for can participate at one of our home games.

It was very difficult to purchase tickets and be assured that we would have wheelchair sitting.
A ticket question I am much more suited to answer. The availability of wheelchair accessible seating at Ivor Wynne is very limited. It is an ongoing process but without ownership of the stadium, the options to facilitate additional seating is difficult.

It is an ongoing process but without ownership of the stadium, the options to facilitate additional seating is difficult.

The city should just give Bob the stadium if he wants for crying out loud, if it weren’t for him we’d be stuck with some two bit owner in all liklihood. :x
I don’t know if owning the stadium though would be a wise move financially?

It was nice to read your classy respose, JustAGuy! It's true they are our seniors and they deserve sincere respect. :thup:

I agree with one of the posts above. As a goodwill gesture, these tickets should be free. They probably aren't in choice locations anyway and would be vacant if not used by these folks.

C'mon Cats, step up to the plate on this one.

An Argo-Cat fan

Susan,

Knowing the immense amount of love and patience you and your staff must expend every day caring for the seniors you help, I can understand why you might lose patience with the Tiger-Cats.

But I am curious - why do you think you'll get better service here? Why not call the office again? Ask for Scott Mitchell, the President. 1-905-547-CATS.

Cheers, Bob.