Poll: Who will hand the Eskimos their first loss?

And meanwhile over in the (L)East division aka the " The Great Turtle Race " the first team to 7 or maybe 8 will be probably crowned division Champions and the second team to reach 6 will be afforded a 2nd place finish…And both will be rewarded for this lofty achievement with not only a one way ticket to the play-offs BUT also a guaranteed home play-off game to boot . :-[Rather sad and pathetic when you think about it . Yep , it’s looking more and more likely that at seasons end that we will be looking at one division with 4 double digit loss teams and the other division with 4 double digit win teams . :-[

In all honesty the more I see of the unbelievable disparity between the two divisions year after year after year etc etc , the more I’m in the camp of those that say it’s time to scrap the East/West concept and move this league into a one division , one tier league . Personally myself I wouldn’t mind watching a Grey Cup between two Western teams like for example the Eskimos and Lions especially if they wind up as the two best teams come Grey Cup time then so be it .

Strictly talking as a Ti-Cat fan here but I find it rather ridiculous and rather sad all at the same time that we have an 0-6 team and a 1-6-1 team who are still in contention for a division crown based solely on the fact that they reside in what is without a doubt the WORST division in any pro league in any pro sport in the entire world . :frowning:

I would only be in favour or scrapping the divisions if they went back to 16 games. That is unlikely so what I would like to see a new playoff format without scraping the divisions.

That would be the first place teams in both divisions seeded 1 -2 .

3 - 4 - 5 - 6 seeded regardless of division.

Lets face it, the 4 best teams are in the East.

I am thinking Bombers will X-over and win the East.

Fixed it for ya there B-88 !!! :slight_smile:

and it’s funny that you suggest the first place East/West teams being seeded 1 - 2 scenario because my son and me were discussing this topic the other day and he suggested the exact same thing .
Here is how the play-offs would hypothetically look like if started today under this scenario :

#1…1rst place West - Eskimos (1rst rd bye)
#2…1rst place East - Argonauts (1rst rd bye)

Semi-Finals :
#6…Alouettes @ #3 Stampeders
#5…Bombers @ #4 Lions

Finals :
Eskimos play lowest seeded SF winner at home
Argos play highest seeded SF winner at home

The two winning teams meet in the Grey Cup 8)

I don’t think it is a good idea to have one division as the likelihood of an all western Grey Cup year-after year is a good way to reduce demand for ticket sales both for the regular season and Grey Cup games out east. Some teams are already in a precarious position. There is no need to exacerbate the situation.

Until 1961 there was no interdivisional play; each conference decided a winner to meet in the Grey Cup Game. Limited interlocking play after 1961 allowed east-west rivalries to develop, and this acted as a catalyst for the growth of the league. Traditional west meets east for the Grey Cup.

Not certain when the EEs will lose, but my gut says once they do it could be 2-3 in a row; when bubbles burst they don't always reform easily.

Thanks BOBO. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

The Esks will lose on Labour Day, then win the rematch.
Stamps will win game # 3 later in Edmonton.

Winterpeg is a pretty good trap game.

The Esks have been underwhelming as of late, and The Bombers have a way of staying in a game, right up until the bitter end.

The Bombers are looking pretty tenacious this year, but I'll stick with Calgary handing the Esks their first lost. I predict a close game vs. the Bombers with the Esks eking out a slim victory.

Bombers got 'em.
Only received one vote in the poll.
Good work, whoever submitted it.

Was me. Yer welcome.