Poll: Who will hand the Bombers their first loss in 2022?

The Bombers are the only undefeated team left. So who gets 'em?

Teams are in the same order as they appear on their schedule

• Elks
  • Stamps
  • Als
  • Riders
  • Ticats
  • Leos
  • Undefeated through the Grey Cup

0 voters

1 Like

Hopefull to see a labour day game that will see a return to the usual win for the green team on that game. However the Bombers are looking pretty bullet proof right now are they not.

1 Like

Simple answer, the team who out scores them!
Riders.... nope, I change my mind....Lions!

2 Likes

Don't want to look past Edmonton this week, but the following game vs the Stamps again should be another gooder.
Wierd that they will have had both byes, and WPG not 1

1 Like

This just in…

(AP) After a perfect regular season the Winnipeg Blue Bombers cruised into the 2022 Grey Cup Championship in Saskatchewan… only to lose to the Saskatchewan Rough Riders. :crazy_face:

1 Like

The New England Patriots 16-0 VS NY Giants 9-7 …2.0 CFL style , the sequel .

1 Like

For some bizarre reason Winnipeg doesn’t get their first bye until week 11. All teams get 3 byes and Winnipeg has them in weeks 11, 16 and 20 out of 21. If they finish first they get another bye in what is essentially week 22. Winnipeg still plays Edmonton, Calgary and Montreal home and home before their first bye.

Winnipeg therefore has a huge disadvantage early. If they continue to get through the first 11 weeks by mostly winning they will have a huge advantage down the stretch and be given more time than any other team to regroup and to allow both the serious and nagging injuries to heal. I wouldn’t change a thing. This would only have been problematic had Winnipeg been losing to date.

1 Like

Yup, but it also brings up the old arguement of is it better to start or sit at the end of the year? Worked out well for us lastyear though.

1 Like

True, but given the injuries they already have I am thinking that more healing time later in the year will be the better recipe for success.

1 Like

BB look unstoppable at present. The later by weeks definetly to their advantage.

Right now I do not think there is anyone capable of beating them.

2 Likes

The Esks won't get another chance until October, if the Bombers run the table between now and then. So they are essentially out of this, not that they were a strong contender to begin with.

1 Like

Or… maybe our October match with the Elks will be meaningless and we’ll be starting backups. By that time we’ll also be setting up giant ice cold beer kegs beside our team bench while the steaks are sizzling on the team grill.

We might be distracted JUST enough to lose that one. :partying_face:

1 Like

The Stamps were hanging in there for most of the game, but tailed off down the stretch. They will have one more opportunity during the regular season.

1 Like

I already said BC....week 19 or 21 either or

2 Likes

It’ll be one of the two or three teams we face at the end of the regular season. We’ll be resting our starters by then.

The Envelope please… And it’s either the ELKS or the LIONS who get to spoil our perfect record by just showing up to a game we’ll be mailing in! :partying_face: :boom: :anger: :dizzy:

1 Like

The back to back series would have worked out a lot better for the Als if the home games were reversed, as we often see the inferior team squeak out a home win after getting boat raced on the road the week before.

But the Als have no chance of winning the back end of this thing on the road.

Have the Bombers clinched the crossover spot already? With most remaining games played inner division is it even possible to have 3 teams from the east finish with 9 or more wins?

1 Like

Completely agree Als have no chance in Winnipeg; best they can hope for is to stay competitive into the 4th.
Calgary beating Ottawa was predictable.
CFL is sooo predictable this year. Thank goodness for the Lions who are adding some drama. Eastern teams simply stink against western teams…usually there is one eastern team that is a threat to the top western teams…none this year.

Nope. The Bombers plan to clinch the division, head to the beach, and then party until November or when the ice freezes over. Whichever comes first.

Right now after 9 games the Bombers have 18 points. If they run the table and finish 18-0 they’ll accumulate 36 points in total.

But the Bombers don’t officially clinch at least a crossover spot until mathematically the last two teams in the East no longer have the possibilty of matching or exceeding the Bombers point total.

Meanwhile after 8 games Montreal has 4 points while Ottawa has 2 points.

If the Bombers win at home next week against Montreal (giving the Bombers 20 points) then the magic total for the Bombers would be 23 points (or one win and a tie) since Montreal would only have 9 games left (a possible 18 + 4 = 22) points).

So if I’ve got this right, a win against Montreal next week plus a win and a tie ANY TIME later (or one more loss and tie by Montreal) allows Winnipeg to clinch at least a crossover spot in the post season.

You’re welcome! :partying_face:

2 Likes

What I’m hoping for is BC to keep there run going and force the Bombers to run the table. The final game in BC will mean nothing to both teams and the Bombers back ups destroy BCs. Bombers take their 18-0 regular season record into the playoffs and end up hoisting the GC in New Mosaic. Then I’ll remind my Rider pals of who has won not only the first game, or first playoff game, or first Western final, but also the first GC game in New Mosaic. At that point I would gladly pitch in for a billboard in downtown Regina reminding all of Rider Nation of this historic feat for years to come.

2 Likes