Poll: Who is the worst GM in the CFL?

gotta wonder about the sanity of anyone choosing Huffnagel.

At least no one today is nearas bad as the all time worst, Joe Galat.

Joe Galat, there’s a blast from the past. Not only a bad GM, but a horrible colour man as well (not sure why he was ever hired to do TV, was there no one else around??).

I hear Reinbold has been sniffing around for a TSN spot.

Can u imagine Reinbold teamed with Liar Bauer & Maggot Kelly?

Rod Black would look like Al Michaels compared to that heap!

Hey Lyle, when you say you were “calling Bingo at my nursing home”, is that code for you were downing a few pints at the pub? Don’t want Mrs. Style to know about it ay! :slight_smile:

If TSN hires Reinebold, Johnny will cancel his subscription!

If TSN wants to hire someone colourful, who is not annoying and a braggart like Reinebold, they should hire Adriano Belli! Can you imagine Belli going nuts, and kissing all the other guys on the panel?! It would be awesome TV!

Hey Lyle, you keep calling Mike Kelly a maggot. Are you aware that Kelly has a PhD? Out of respect, you should call him Dr. Maggot. :slight_smile:

I think it may be a pun. But someone may and could throw major cash and part ownership at him. THE TIME IS RIGHT. I would want him on my team

Just a though but its happened before. NOW is the time.

Kavis and it's not even close. Tillman would be #2 for me though.

Verdict on Popp is still up in the air for me. Improving the Argos in year one is great and all, but his downfall in Montreal, was not having a future starter behind Calvillo, and the Canadian talent level dropped in Montreal after Cahoon, Bourke, Chiu, Perret etc, got old and/or retired.

Well it's time to declare a winner, or rather a loser. Drumroll please...

The worst GM in the CFL is:

KAVIS REED

Reed got 65.7% of votes. A huge majority. The GM who finishes second in the poll, Chris Jones is far behind with 14.3% of the votes.

My god that would be horrible. He might have the personality for it…but how could anyone (or at least any more avid fan who knows CFL history even a bit) take him seriously.

I'm going against the grain and voting for Tillman. Reed inherited a team on the downward slide and is just at the end of his 2nd season. Tillman had a team with talent and has let it go down the drain. Hamilton was supposed to be competing this season, but instead he left Austin at the helm and Tillman is the GM of the most under achieving team in the league this year (yes more so than BC).

Montreal I expected to tank this year, Hamilton should have been fighting for 1st and a lot of it can be dumped on Tillman. Hard to believe they made it to consecutive Grey Cup games just a couple years ago.

Reed has been with the Als for more than the past two years. He came on as a ST coach a couple years ago.
Having been with the team prior to last, it’s not as if he did not know who was on the roster.
He did not come in blind as the GM.

The off season he had a huge signing, bringing Darian Durant to solidify the QB position.
Look how that turned out.

He let Green go and signed Jackson. Look how that turned out.

He let their MVP on D Bear Woods go the 2nd day of TC at 5:30 am. He could not have told him he was no longer wanted prior to the start of TC?

He traded away Vernon Adams (a young QB) to the Riders. Brought in Drew Willy. Look how that turned out.

He let go HC Jacques Chapdelaine and DC Noel Thorpe and they team has yet to win a game since. In fact, they have basically been blown out in almost all of the games he has been HC.

Hands down, Reed is the worst in my eyes.

I agree Reed is the worst.

He turfed Chapdelaine in order to take the heat off of him (how did that work out?)

He dismantled many successful components of the club in order to make a huge signing and $ investment in an aging and injury prone Durant (how did that work out?)

He put word out that the Als were ready and willing to deal prior to trade deadline - and not one other club wanted to shop from the Alouettes shelves.

Reed has completely gutted the club (while overspending) and now is standing there with bloody hands - and denying his role in the whole mess.

Oh yeah - he's got worst GM role locked up for sure.

Pretty sure Austin is Tillmans boss. How could he have fired Austin?

They're buddies and both are wanting to remain in the CFL so they are going to make decisions that cover theirs and each other's backs as long as they can - until Bob Young gets tired of it.

Talent and skillset wise, Austin and Tillman have lots to offer. I'm not sure if they're bringing their A game to the TiCats right now tho.

Didn’t have to fire him. He should have talked him into stepping aside long before they even got to 0-8.

I expected far better from Tillman and nothing from Reed which is part of why I picked Tillman for this dishonour.

Yeh but who's to say Tillman wasn't trying to get Austin to step aside earlier than he did? It is Austin who is the boss of Tillman. How can he get anything done without Austin O.K.ing it?