• The Fortress
  • Princess Auto Stadium
  • IG Field
  • Other
0 voters
1 Like

How can a stadium have a royal title?

1 Like

I’ll tell you how. We could get that King who keeps sending me emails about money (all I had to do was cash his $10,000 cheque and send him a mere $1000) to give our humble digs his royal ascent.

2 Likes

AP stadium or APS

1 Like

My dyslexia got me again! Damn it all.

Above should read PA Stadium or PAS

1 Like

Don’t know why you would want to call it something else.
Princess auto has paid a lot of money to re-name it.
It will take awhile to get used to it

Ah now I see it. Great idea.

And might I suggest that we call Princess Auto Stadium The Pas Stadium in Winnipeg to lessen any confusion that might arise since the The Pas Stadium in The Pas Manitoba (probably a nice little soccer field with wooden bleachers) isn’t big enough to host any CFL games. We could also mention to Investors Group that their advertising dollars might be wisely spent buying the naming rights to the smaller field so that IG Field in The Pas could co-exist with The Pas Stadium in Winnipeg.

I like the way we think. :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

Its just a nickname. I still call Canada Life Centre the Phone Booth and people understand what I’m referring to

1 Like

No loyalty to companies that may have paid naming rights in the past. Thanks to IG for their sponsorship, but don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Neither IG Field or Princess Auto Stadium to me has much of a ring to it, but I’ll go with who is currently supporting the team financially by paying for the naming rights. IG doesn’t need the free advertising so let’s give recognition to those who paid for it and support the Bombers financially I say.

4 Likes

You might also get some tourists from Pennsylvania if they mistakenly think it’s “PA’s Stadium”.

2 Likes

Do you know what princess auto is?

a few places with a lot of tools

It like a Canadian tire without household goods like pots an pans,
Point is, the stadium is not getting a royal title…It taking the name of the company

I knew that when I posted. sheesh :slight_smile:

OTOH, maybe it is the company that got the Royal title :slight_smile:

1 Like

for Princess Anne Stuart :slight_smile:

1 Like

The stadium for the White Sox changes names about every 10 years. It used to be called US Cellular Field, and is in a higher crime area of the city, so it was known as The Cell.

2 Likes

I know you weren’t being serious but I thought I would check on the company. Indeed my suspicions were correct and the name “Princess” came into being in 1933 when the original location was on Princess street in Winnipeg.

Now there are 50 locations Canada wide and they do a booming on line business as well. It’s still a privately held company with its head office in Winnipeg. Because it’s private it is not possible to reasonably estimate it’s worth but it is in the hundreds of millions. More info below.

https://www.princessauto.com/

3 Likes

Very good. I’ll pass on that information to the head of Bomber Labs (hidden beneath Princess Auto Field). We must move up the timeline for the final completion of our ‘Faux Philly Cheese Steak’ in order to complete our deception before our first home game of the upcoming season.

And once those unsuspecting Pennsylvanians show up to buy tickets we’ll have them… by ‘have them’ I mean we’ll ‘have their money’. There are no refunds. :beaver:

3 Likes

Thank cripes The Pork Producers didn’t obtain naming rights to that stadium.
Else, the obvious nickname would be “THE PIG STYE” - but more about the Saskatchewan Roughriders later!

1 Like

What if you and the Pork Producers got together to buy the naming rights? Then instead of “THE PIG STYE” it would be “THE PIG STYLE” which… could also be the name of an upscale beauty parlor for livestock.

2 Likes