Poll: If everything were Equal.. NFL or CFL?

Lindros is a punk. He got awful advice and I'd like to think karma got the better of him. Mind you, he was an absolute beast early in his career. I guess it was good for me since it set up my team for the next 10 seasons in Colorado.

Anyways, I think if the money was similar, you wouldn't see many established NFL players coming to the CFL, but you'd likely keep a lot of the guys who leave for PR spots or even roster spots in the NFL. You'd also keep virtually all canadians in Canada too. A lot of it is simply cultural. It's difficult to expect an American to play in a foreign country in an unknown league if all is equal. The same applies for Canucks too.

Is it offseason already? Lets think REAL hard here... If everything were equal... do you think a player would rather play for the Swift Current Broncos in the WHL or the Montreal Canadiens? Hmm... that's a tough one, lets try again. How about the New York Yankees or the Sioux City Slammers? Gees, that one's too tight to call as well. How about the Boston Celtics or the Halifax Windjammers? Now lets try this: the Saskatchewan Roughriders or the Denver Broncos.... I'll let you answer that one for yourself.

Saskatchewan Roughriders :smiley:

you said if everything were equal and then are trying to argue what if the CFL can pay more..

if everything were equal, Americans will choose the NFL.. some Canadians will choose the CFL, some will choose the NFL..

if the CFL is offering more money, most people will probably choose the CFL.. but that would mean things aren't all equal. Perhaps a starting job in the CFL vs. a backup job in the NFL could sway them.

But given everything equal: same playing time, same money.. NFL. Although players who do come to the CFL would probably be a lot less prone to leaving for the NFL.

Come January, February…I see Canada as a snowy wasteland
brrrrrrrr…

Three things professional athletes usually look for when offered contracts:

1. Money (obvious)
  2. Pleasant weather
  3. Beautiful women :stuck_out_tongue:

Copious beautiful women can be found in all large markets, so this is a negated point.
However, most players would rather bask in sunshine during winter months than having to shovel, scrape ice or fall on their backsides.
I know I would ( not very patriotic of me) :expressionless:

Thusly, money being equal will not always necessitate a move up to the Great White North as weather is a large factor to determine.

It may not be up to the players but more so what team drafts or trades them.
If everything was equal then the CFL would have not just the players that the NFL has but also some of the best coaches.
I think the players would take whatever team has whats best for them.

As for weather and leaving their own country, I do not see this as a issue because CFL games are mostly played in nice weather, but a outdoor stadium in Northern USA in December can get pretty cold too.

As for Women, Canadian women are better when it comes to eating less fatty foods which gives them the edge there.
And what is better, being a star in a large city or being a hero is a smaller Canadian city where everyone knows who you are and cheers for you. I think the chance of meeting women in a smaller Canadian city would be better there.

I prefer the CFL but this has not been a good year for the league. Way too many dull games.

The NFL is having a better year. Hopefully, the CFL will finish strong.

If an American player is offered the same money by a CFL team and a NFL team then he will in all probability choose the NFL team. If the CFL team offered more then he is more likely to sign with the CFL team. We’ve seen this in the past when the CFL was the higher paying league and star American players chose the CFL over the AFL or NFL.

If everything were equal it wouldn't matter where you played, it would be the same. I do like Florida at this time of year though.

Weather: Low 20s C by early mornings, over 30 by early evening

Now the last or second to last of the heavy rains of the “storm season” start anew.

The local yokels fool the people into thinking that “Storm Season,” because you are not supposed to say the hurricane because it is a dirty word down here, starts in June and finishes in November.

Indeed we do get more rainstorms in that time period than from December through May.

Somehow the local idiots living here most of their lives, or wherever they came from where it rains, do not even know how to drive in the rain.

As far as any “named storm” threat during that time period, that is not true though because for the most part and in historical reality the heaviest of the storms do not start until about August and end until about the end of September.

It’s mostly good weather from October through about April except for a lame “freeze” in the winter for about two weeks at most.

Otherwise it’s like walking out of a jungle all the damn time. Cue the jokes, but I’ve never used more deodorant in a year in my life.

Question (assuming the CFL doesn't exist), I ask people:

NFL or MLB?
NFL or NHL?
NFL or NBA?

If NFL is yes to all the above, they are good in my books.

For me it's never between the CFL and NFL, I love both at the top. One and the same to me. But if someone hates the CFL then I ask the above questions to see how they relate. Of course this approach confuses people like Paul Godfrey and Phil Lind and that Ford mayor guy in Toronto and Damien Cox etc, those sorts, but that's another story. :stuck_out_tongue: