• July to mid December where it is today
  • August to early January after New Years weekend
  • Early May but ends on Thanksgiving weekend October

0 voters

lol so far zero like current schedule.

1 Like

then it changed. I enjoy the debate. Thanks Jasmine

1 Like

Anything starting in June or July is what I want, football is a summer sport, and it's weird seeing it in the spring. Starting 1st week of June would be my preference if I had to pick one week

In high school we always had spring training in May so it isn't weird for me but your choice is totally okay as well.

Yeah so did I, we had training as soon as the field was dry in April/May, but I'll always associate football with summer

1 Like

yeah we had community ball over here so I can see how that could happen.

Looks like they changed their vote . :grinning:

Wasn't really thinking about it as I was just trying to get the poll going but I guess I left it available that you could change your vote unintentionally .

But I like it as the debate continues or thinking about it longer you could change your opinion and vote .

1 Like

The "July to Mid December where it is today" is only like that today because COVID delayed the start of the season. This season was a one-off, and won't happen again.

Football is actually a fall sport, which is why it really gets going around Labour Day and finishes in late November, just before the start of winter.

I could care less when it is...actually I wish we had football all year.

1 Like

Was Just about giving options on what people may like giving them what it is this year versus saying mid December as the end date .

It gives a better reference point conceptually speaking .

1 Like

Interesting poll...well done.

2 Likes

I agree.

I have long been advocating for a May to October season for many reasons I won’t repeat. Although there was some support for that, it wasn’t overwhelming. I am therefore surprised to see that so far it is the runaway winner, 53% to 35%.

1 Like

It would be nice to not freeze my footballs off late in the season. Night games in November can be rough....and expensive, staying warm with too many trips to the beer stand.

2 Likes

Well with climate change they might not have to worry to much about the weather, it is quite noticeable that it is getting warmer further into the fall. I’ve noticed it for the last 20 years at lest. The seasons seem to have shifted about a month. ? But who knows. I think the way it’s always been is fine. No need to fix what doesn’t need fixing. Now trying to get more fans to the games, work on that, that needs fixing.

1 Like

Early May to Canadian Thanksgiving gives the CFL four months of an exclusive window for Football. With the two spring leagues starting up, the CFL can withstand it's competition because it will be better football

1 Like

Many suggest moving the season up as a fix for lagging attendance, particularly in late October and early November.

For that to have a positive overall effect, though, attendance in May and early June would have to be strong.

But as you point out, if temperatures keep increasing in October and November, such a move might be a moot point anyways.

I think the league would be better off in spending more on marketing campaigns that promote football in cold weather. That, and they can schedule late season games around the markets (Calgary and Edmonton, I believe) whose attendance suffers most in late October and early November.

1 Like

Thinking that myself . The late season games ( can't avoid playoffs of course ) they should have a more eastern team heavy and BC in the regular season fall months .

Especially the big three . BC , Montreal and Toronto should be more fall afternoon football oriented and preferably Sundays from Labour Day onward .

1 Like

Going up against both the NHL and NBA playoffs might not be a good idea.