Politics and Posting Terms of Service

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

…doesn’t every business operate this way?

1 Like

I'm not sure if implementing policies that they believe are part of their belief system, that may or may not align with a political party that does not align with your beliefs make them hypocritical.

3 Likes

Wow! That sure came out of the blue. Looks like somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today or missed his anger management class or forgot his meds or something.

1 Like

Wow! That sure came out of the blue, I'm innocent I tell ya, innocent!!:sweat_smile:

IMO, this is to be expected now, as people who believe the vaccination is either dangerous for your health, or don't trust, want, need it, will slowly be removed from society. As they become more and more isolated. I do hear this from people I personally know. Can't dine out, theater, concerts, sports events...... Fortunately some have come around now, still grumble, but got the shot.

3 Likes

there is a segment of society that has their heads up their posteriors....and they like it that way.

1 Like

We have clear rules on the forum. Lots of other places online to discuss politics.

6 Likes

My apologies.

1 Like

But both the left and the right think that it is the other with the dark view.

1 Like

Edmonton did not bow to any political or social pressure. They bowed to potential loss of sponsorship.

Money is always what talks. It's the same thing with dealing with China and other sweatshop countries. I hear so many people say "if we want them to improve their human rights we need to keep a trade openness with them so that we can influence them." It's so dead wrong. As long as you keep buying their stuff they will keep treating their workers like cattle dung. You wanna make a difference to 3rd world labor? Stop buying that stuff. The moment that they realize that they have to change their ways to stay in business, they'll change. Guaranteed.

3 Likes

Bang on - the same folks who use that tired line are also the same ones who do not speak up ever for other groups of oppressed including not only the Uighurs in China never mind in their own country.

All they are doing with all that soft-peddling and kissing up is feeding the machine whether conscious of it or not.

Sorry, fellas. This thread is getting too far off the purview of this forum. Let's get back to football.

2 Likes