Points to ponder

Some old some new
Here are a few things to think about that you probably have never
thought about.

Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered
assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in" but it's only a "penny
for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were
buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be
a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up
like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in
binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see
you naked anyway.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a
horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a
coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't
point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're
both dogs!

If Wyle E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why
didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from
vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but
call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at
you, but when you take him for a car ride; he sticks his head out the
window?

Do you ever wonder why you gave me your e-mail address in the first place?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
Use the higher setting totoast it faster, you just have to stop it automatically

I think a higher toast setting is a question of the time it is on as opposed to how hot it is set, therefore it would not make a difference

Why is it we made so much porgess as a soceity, but the unibrela's ae pretty much the same? and you still get a little wet everytime?

I heard that someone tried this…and got a ticket.

I find that once the toaster warms up after the first slices.......you have to turn it down for the next slices or they burn.........where is Ziffel, his engineers could probably explain this one.......

was that a hurse they were driving?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at
window?

Did you know..........they are training dogs to be breath sniffers.......they have an uncanny success rate of detecting certain types of cancer in people just by sniffing their breath.........no sh!t..

They can also be aware of a upcoming epileptic seizure! They can be trained to alert the owner so they can lie down and avoid injury

[quote="PIGSEYE"]Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at
window?

. when a dog gets mad at you for blowing in his face..I think it depends on how much garlic you have been eating...or alcohol you have consumed..lol...I read somewhere that dogs cannot stand the smell of tobacco....or some perfumes....they are sensitive beasts...I tell that to my three guys all the time.. :lol:

Piggy I have search and rescue dogs and I assure you if you blow in there face it is the scent from your mouth that ticks them off.

The cancer thing is actually from the scent of your urine. And this is natural. Yes colon cancer can be detected as well through the breath as well. But they are more successful with urine.

Here is a question for you:
When looking for dead bodies, is the dog looking for a scent true or false! Answer to follow!

Dogs when they find a dead body get depressed and must take time off from doing their jobs> Ture or false! Answer to follow.

Here is another dogs track scent better in the rain! True or False

.......GREAT info. on mans best friend red....I don't have rescue dogs...but own a guard dog... that.pretends to be nasty but she's really just a lamb....the other two guys kind of just hang around like my best buds....for dedication ...you can't beat them...and they don't ask for a helluva lot.. I spoil them...and yeah they don't like it when I eat pepperoni and blow on their nose....but strangely enough they don't mind eating the stuff along with me..they're funny that way...and yes they have blue and gold bandannas...what else.. :wink:

Mans best friend is duct tape not dogs. Dont you ever watch red green? :lol:

...yeah i do....i like the word game....but mostly the duct tape use ...in all sorts of interesting ventures....red green is the man..but my dogs are the guys.. :slight_smile:

Awesome red........that is the coolest thing I have ever heard.........I have raised golden retreivers since I was 10, and am never surprised at just how much we dont understand about their behavior..........no kidding they are mans (homo sapiens to be correct) best friend..........search and rescue, what an amazing job you must have, did you come up through the military by chance..........

Our search and rescue group is volunteer based. The dogs train for three years at around $200 per dog per month. They train for search and rescue, evidence search and of course disaster search. The concept is is very easy for the dogs and as they train the more they get driven to work. My shepards absolutely change from playful pups to business dogs just by putting their harnesses on them. When we work some people come up to pet them and they totally ignore they are there and continue working. In training they are timed how long to track to the subject. Swamp training is the most difficult and is very hard on them. One of my dogs was injured in the swamp training and is going to a doctor to manipulate the disc back into place. But it has not stpped her in her duties. For a test we get 12 people together one will place a wallet on the grond the dog enters the area and smells the wallet then goes over to the owner and places their paw on them. They get it everytime. We have done this at large gatherings as well. At the folk festival a purse was left at a booth and the dogs tracked us to the owner there were hundreds of people in attendance. It truly is great fun for the dogs. We were very close to be sent down to Louisiana for the Katrina disaster. In our group we have 30 dogs.