PM function not operational?

Tried to use the PM function a few times without success.

Every time i've attempted to send a PM, it states "the requested users to be added do not exist"
(even though I'm PM'ing to a registered user)

Any suggestions?
Or is it just my as per usual blatant stupidity? (likely)

thanks amigos!

I just sent you a test message and it seemed to send...

I have found that you need to pick the username either by clicking on it next to one of that user's posts, or by using the "Find username" on the New PM screen. Just entering the username in the New PM screen doesn't work, if I recall. (It's been a while.)

Got your "test" message in my inbox banshee

I'll try to PM you as well. let me know if you receive it. thanks

I tried sending a PM to banshee just now and it still says, "the requested users to be added do not exist"

something is amiss here as I can receive PM's yet cannot send out for some odd reason.

I did that. Clicked on a username next to a user's post as well as on thread posts and still no workeee.

strange...

yeah it must be a problem with something in your settings.

Strange indeed. Are you able to reply to Banshee's message?

Strange indeed. Are you able to reply to Banshee's message?
catfaninOtt, no I can't reply to Banshee's PM...Still says, "the requested users do not exist"

And all settings/preferences seem fine...triple checked to make sure...

I'm so confused! :? :? :?

If you were a long-time user, and that PM capability suddenly stopped working, I'd suggest that maybe your folders are full. But I'm guessing that's not the case here.

Maybe you should PM the mods to let them know. :wink: (Couldn't resist.) With any luck at all, one of them will see this thread and look into it.

Good luck.

One more thing to try. Go to the main CFL forum from the cfl.ca site and see if it works from there. I wouldn't expect it to, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

catfaninOtt, no I can't reply to Banshee's PM...Still says, "the requested users do not exist"

8) Oh, Banshee exists, I can guarantee you of that fact !!! :wink: :lol:

much to the chagrin of many :lol:

Not at all. It's interesting and refreshing to have a woman's perspective on this forum....

One man's opinion....

Not to mention one wicked sense of humour....

I've tried everything.. :frowning: Including tearing out my hair, punching a hole in the wall and stomping my feet...and still nothing.

Help Mods!

I'd suggest that you PM Bob.... :slight_smile:

tried that...for some reason it doesn't work. (might have something to do with my Cerebral Deficiency Syndrome) :wink:

anyway, I'm now able to submit a PM, although they are all stuck in my outbox folder.

Close but no cigar. :frowning:

They stay in your outbox until the recipient opens them. Maybe you should send them a PM to let them know they have a message. :wink: