Pleasure from Empty Stands?

Anyone else derive a certain amount of pleasure from seeing attendance drop below 20k and the stands looking empty at home games this year? Don't get me wrong, I want the team around but my evil cynical side smiles at the ever-decreasing fanbase in the stands. I guess it wasn't just me that objected to a 70% increase in my season ticket prices after standing by my team through four years of the worst football I've ever seen. That's after continuing to pay $8.75 for cans of crappy american beer. I'm happy to see I wasn't the only one that has a problem with that. I wonder how many people will show at the next game? There won't be a blackout to "force people to buy tickets" (a ridiculous idea) so we should expect what? 18k?

Pleasure from watching my team struggle? Nope.

See Naomi Smith

Yeah yeah....I know it's wrong but it's one thing to bitch about the team, it's quite another to laugh and get self satisfaction out of it.
Fours years...wow, you're just the greatest.

Agree. Plus, I could see people being pissed if prices were increased more than what other teams charge.

Pleasure from watching the ownership struggle. They're different things to me. I derive no pleasure from watching the team struggle. Actually, it makes me sick watching them struggle.

Didn't claim to be the greatest. I'm quite aware that a lot of people have had seasons tickets for much longer than that and have stuck through the thick and the thin. However, I don't think there's anyone in ticat management that would deny the success of the franchise depends on getting new fans into the stands and keeping them there. I was one of those new season ticket holders and rather than keep me there, they succeeded in driving me away. When I see the empty stands at home games it makes me realize that I was not the only one. They're driving away their own fanbase. This will kill the franchise. How do you like them apples?

Wasafan,

The attendance this year has been close to 21 000 a game. those are the official statistics.

and yet you're still here. How far is far enough until not even an echo can be heard?

Take yer big bad self and yer happy little apples and go, Unless you're thinking a third thread telling us all how you're gone is required.
It's kinda sad that even though you're no longer a fan you still have nowhere else to go.

Wait 'til you see the stands next home game after the devastation that will shortly unfold at Percival Molson Stadium...

Maybe we'll just move to a smaller stadium where even 20,000 sounds like a lot.
Do we do that ahead of time or wait till our franchise folds then come back? :slight_smile:

Edited to add a smile, shoulda been there originally.

Nope.

Molson Canadian is served at TiCat games.

My seats didn't go up in price. There are sections of the stadium that went down. They are still the best value for professional sports viewing anywhere.

Thanks for checking in. We're doing ok here.

8) My my, I am shocked that some one who is so bitter is even bothering to come to this site.
 You say you derive pleasure from watching the ownership struggle, but not the team ??  They are one and the same pal.

It is so called fans like you, and I use that term loosely, that this team does not need !!!!

Wasafan,
Tiger Cat tickets are reasonably priced compared to other sports venues. Rogers Cable has repeatedly asked me via email to buy a ticket to watch the Bill's and Steelers. I answerd by purchasing two seasons tickets in section 25. The cost of these seats equals 2 games tickets to watch the no fun league. As I said before go to a Jays,Leafs or Raptors and expect to drop BIG money. So in short my answer the team will get better and the fickle fans will return. True fans stick with it through thick and thin. You were driven away by how much $100.00 Suck it up princess and welcome to the real world. Money talks and BS walks.

Wasafan, I can see where you're coming from and to a degree I can even agree with you. However, in an eight team league, even one weak franchise has a really negative affect on the other seven. For the CFL to survive/thrive, we should want every stadium filled for every game. I know tix prices went up with everything else but I sure as h*ll know you're also paying more for gas, rent, a loaf of bread, etc. Of course, no one likes it but that's the way it is--always has been and probably always will.

It bugs me to see fans take some kind of pleasure in watching attendance fall.

An Argo-Cat fan

Well said. And based on the fans who AREN'T spending their money on the Cats anymore, maybe the team will realize it needs to get its act together.

Otherwise the fans will be left with an organization like the Leafs. The ticket prices keep soaring, fans keep paying, and the team shows no sign of improvement.

Well said. And based on the fans who AREN'T spending their money on the Cats anymore, maybe the team will realize it needs to get its act together.

Otherwise the fans will be left with an organization like the Leafs. The ticket prices keep soaring, fans keep paying, and the team shows no sign of improvement.

Actually, the scary thing is that the team's poor play the last 3 years is keeping away the casual fans, and the team is driving many long time season ticket holders away with their current policies. I'm no business major, but it doesn't sound like the Ticat organization is headed in the right direction.

i guess im the only one who can understand where wasafan is comming from.

the ticat management slapped him in the face by continuously raising ticket prices after putting the worst product on the field year after year.

hes not rooting against the ticat players, and still watches from afar, but he is glad to see hes not the only one who took offence to the ticat management raising ticket prices.

I follow ya, wasaman.

i guess im the only one who can understand where wasafan is comming from.

the ticat management slapped him in the face by continuously raising ticket prices after putting the worst product on the field year after year.

hes not rooting against the ticat players, and still watches from afar, but he is glad to see hes not the only one who took offence to the ticat management raising ticket prices.

I follow ya, wasaman.

Can completely understand... since I have felt the same sickening feeling.

Maybe I'm not a true Ticat fan for feeling such---but at least I'm not a dupe.

Summer is too short to go to games or even watch the games.... I'd rather be enjoying myself and possibly chuckle when I read in the next paper we won a game.

The new logo blows as well.

-Dave

He never said continuosly. He said 70% increase, so if he took adavantage of the traditons club then they continuosly held the price for him for up to three years depsite sunstantial cost increases.

The ticket prices are right in line with the rest of the league.

Get over it already.

the crappy part of it is that its fans like him that the team does need. The die hards that go no matter what feces the ownership feed us will be there no matter what. The only way you get fans like this person is to win cus they see value in a winner and wont pay to see a loser.