Please Obie, sign Porter for whatever cash it takes!!!

Well, another heartbreaking loss for the Cats, but on a positive note. Porter really has proved that he has the stuff to lead this team in 2009. He`s a keeper and Obie should try to sign Porter to a 3 or 4 year contract. This guy could lead our team for many years!!!

Opinions??

We have all next year to evaluate whether to do that,lcf

He is on a 2 +1 contract.

But I think if he is the starter, you rip up the contract and sign him to some of the money freed up by the release of cp.

It was reported in the paper that he made about 70,000.

So next year he will make 70,000 again and the year after 63,000. If he is the starter, he deserves more than this and you have to keep him happy.

Porter should definitely get a raise 70,000 is not enough for the talent and progress he has shown this year, but probably to soon to throw the bank at him. Next year we will know and Porter will show improvement. This guy is one of the top QBs in the league right now and there may only be two who are better right now Anthony and Hank.

wow he has had a few good games…
the cats would be stupid to cut printers and they would be even stupider to give porter more money right now. why cant they both just come into camp and fight for the job? we all know printers has the skills to be a star so why not let him prove it in tc…

Because that would be the logical and intelligent thing to do. Why would we want to have more than one talented QB in camp?? :stuck_out_tongue:

I'll admit CP has struggled, but it hasn't been entirely his fault. It's been a combination of things. The O-line problems, receivers dropping balls and really the whole offensive scheme (if you could call it that) did not play to CP's strengths.

Porter has got a lot of potential, but still has a lot to learn before being annointed the second coming of Danny Mac.

[/quote]

[/quote]
The reason why I would keep Porter and give him a pay raise is because the guy has shown more in 3 or 4 games than Printers has since he was signed. I like Printers, he is a good quarterback but I would let him sign somewhere else next year.

I say we have Porter at number 1, and Williams at 2. I would say that is a excellent quarterback tandem.

Already ,Porter has thrown more TD passes than Printers and has shown that he is very effective with the Ticat offense. He also is a lot more calm than Printers.

Porter would probably accept the pay raise, but then he'd be a bit reluctant when he had a few BAD games and you wanted to sit down and renogotiate downward again.

Unless they want to renegoriate to lock him in for more years in return for a bigger salary (and I think it's premature to do that), his contract is what his contract is.

[

quote="section8since72]

Porter would probably accept the pay raise, but then he'd be a bit reluctant when he had a few BAD games and you wanted to sit down and renogotiate downward again.

Unless they want to renegoriate to lock him in for more years in return for a bigger salary (and I think it's premature to do that), his contract is what his contract is.

[/quote]
I`m trying to understand your post. Does " you wanted to sit down and renogiate downward" refer to management?? Why would they do that??

Just give the guy a raise. He deserves it, if he is the number one QB. You free up salary, when you release CP.

wow how many stupid threads can we have on this site.
why are you cutting printers? if he sucks in camp then fine cut him loose, but to cut him in the off season is pointless. as for having williams as a backup i really do think he has a ton of talent but i dont think the coaches like him. he didnt even dress last game.

Makaveli,

I like how you call posts stupid, if you don`t agree with them!!

I believe your last comment is Stupid!!!! If you dont like my opinion fine. But dont make it personal!!

My opinion is to keep Porters. If you like Printers, great good on you, man!! No need for name calling

I`m trying to understand your post. Does " you wanted to sit down and renogiate downward" refer to management?? Why would they do that??

Just give the guy a raise. He deserves it, if he is the number one QB. You free up salary, when you release CP.
[/quote]
MMK. He has had two good games, is a rookie in this league. And he is already getting a raise??? I hope I'm not the only person who finds something off on that. Just imagine the dilemma all kinds of sports team would be in, we would still be paying Kevin Eakin $300,000, Alexander Daigle would be loaded, some team would give Jason Blake a big contract, (nvm that actually happened).

We have had enough bad management that I think everyone would be a little more cautious were the money is thrown around. Give him a full season, if he lights it up we give him a raise, is he blows chunks, at least we saved money for other places.

i didnt call you a name i called your thread stupid, and im not making anything peresonal. i have nothing against porter and i think we should keep the guy but why a raise? and why cut printers? none of that makes much scene.

Makaveli,

Calling someones thread stupid is a little harsh, dont you think??

I believe my thread makes a lot of sense.IMO, it is logical. Porter has played better than Printers in his limited time here. In 3 or 4 games, he has thrown more TD passes than Printers had in a season and a half with the Cats. Porter also runs a more effective offense. Stays calm in the pocket doesn`t hurry his throws,etc,etc....

My prior thread stated that I like Printers, but I believe Porter is the better QB. Therefore why not free up salary and release Printers next season. You know that Printers does not want to play back up. You take that money and spend it accordingly.

O.k, maybe a raise to Porters right away is a little much. Management could wait a while for that. But at least the money going to Printers could be used in spending on an Olineman or Dlineman.

honestly i dont think its that hash...

and i do agree with you that porter has looked better than printers, i think most people will, but im not sure that means hes a better qb. printers has had a ton of presure on him to preform and has been playing hurt. im not making excuses for the guy because he should be better im just saying.

but what does it hurt to bring printers into camp? you dont need to pay him so it would be a real wast not to give him one more shot. a healthy printers playing like he did in bc is way better than porter ever will be imo. but will printers ever be back to his old form, i hope so but....

How can you say that Printers in BC was way better than Porters will be ever be? I know thats your opinion. Porter is still a rookie, and the guy is already playing like this good. He has a load of potential, IMO, I think this guy can be a star in this league for many years to come. Im not trying to hype him up. I believe Printers still has a year on his contract, why not free up that money and go get a O lineman, D lineman. I believe we have strength at our QB position and we need help in other areas such as the O and D line, and getting another receiver. With these additions, I think our team is going to be real good next year!!

How much have we paid printers and how much pay back we got for it. If printers stays he HAS TO TAKE A PAY CUT. I have always said ,he ruined himself by going to the NFL to early.He makes waaay to much to take another year to see if he is going to get better.Porter has shown that he is capable to learn and get to better and with williams pushing him,can only help.Printer and jesse both need to move on and I think in the end it will work out for everybody.

HOLY, Ive been watching this team for many years and never have I seen us loaded with this much QB talent. I think its time for our management to be VERY WISE with handling these QBs and not build teams like Sask and others with bonehead trades. We have did our share of building other teams while the Cats keep losing. It also to soon to trade Casey, let him come back and compete. The manager that trades the wrong QB will live with this black mark on his name for a long time. :thup:

I agree Bugsy, we are loaded at Qb. We do help in other areas. IMO, if we released Printers we would free up some salary to go get a much needed O lineman or D lineman.

Get real! A raise because he’s shown some potential in two games? Who knows what other QBs may be invited to camp next Spring in addition to the current 4. Maybe the 2009 starter isn’t even with this team yet. These losing seasons have softened the braincells of some Cats fans.

An Argo-Cat fan