PLEASE HELP ANY INFO AT ALL.

I AM A NEW POSTER AND I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THE CFL. I AM A PROSPECT. I AM A FORMER US BORN PLAYER, ONE YEAR OUT OF COLLEGE. I PLAYED AT A SMALL SCHOOL BUT DID RECEIVE ALL AMERICAN AWARDS. I RECEIVED A TON OF ATTENTION/WORKOUTS WITH NFL / ARENA 1 TEAMS. HOWEVER, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FROM CANADA. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE LEAGUE, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO GO TO FIND WORKOUTS/EVAL CAMPS FOR THE CFL. I AM A QB, AND I PLAY MOST OF MY GAME BEHIND THE LOS. I AM NOT A RUNNING QB. I THROW, I FIGURED THIS WOULD HELP ME WITH THE CFL, BUT I HAVE HEARD OTHERWISE. I KNOW THERE IS A TON OF SPRINT OUT INVOLVED WHICH I AM DEFINLTEY CAPABLE OF. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO THAT COULD HELP ME I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

THANK YOU.

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=15842]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=n ... &nid=15842[/url]

Contact any CFL teams office. I am sure you have a video get copies and send it to them.

One of the onwers of the Calgary Stampeders is online at www.gostampgo.com contact Ted Hellard.

go to:

[url=http://www.bluebombers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=589&Itemid=92]http://www.bluebombers.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=92[/url]

Be in Cincinnati, Ohio on may 5th or Atlanta, Georgia May 6th.

All details are on the webpage.

Also CFL is a higher league then the AFL.
Most entertaining football IMO

AFL is waste of time. You cant show your arm strength in it as a QB. In the CFL, your arm strength is showcased more then even in the NFL

Most CFL teams have tryout camps and it is not unheard of to have walkups.
If this is serious, then if you have video of yourself, that will help.
References from coaches can't hurt.
And you can directly contact teams via the various links on this site.

But if you do that, I recommend you never, ever send a coach or GM an email, letter, etc., using all-caps.
As a college graduate, you should realize teams look for talent, but also want men of character and intelligence.
An all cap email will not impress anyone.
Presentation is very important.

Or let me put it to you this way.
I have trouble taking you seriously because of the all-caps post.
So will they.....

I dont believe you

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are DEFINITELY holding an open tryout this year and I'm certain the office will have all the info you need. Good luck.

Sounds a bit like a test question there jb, ie. what college did you play at sort of thing? Anyways, good luck if you are for real.

Call me a doubting thomas.

You're a doubting thomas :slight_smile:

I am for real, however I do understand why someone would think I was a 12 Year old kid fooling around. I was in a late night mode, after work, on my laptop. I do know how to punctuate, and I know where the caps lock button is.
I have no problem giving my name. Just not sure if it would hurt me. I did play at a small school. I was a 4 Year Starter at a Division 3 school in PA
6'4 220 lbs & threw for 12,470 Yards and 110 TD'S in my collegiate career.
I do thank anyone who gave me information. It will go to great use. Also, I was not taking a shot at the CFL, by mentioning the AFL. It was just a reference. I do not have enough knowledge about the Canadian game to down it.

Thank You again for any help. Any more info will be used.

Also (Arius) I scored a 42 on the Wonderlic my first time if that helps.

One More Question.

Which teams would be best to get in front of for this upcoming season?

Who needs depth at the QB position?

Its funny, people say you should ask your agent questions about this stuff. I find that the fans no more than most Agents.

winnipeg, hamilton and toronto spring to mind as teams who need QB depth....

...I would think most teams have signed up all the players they are looking for to attend training camp in a few weeks but it doesn't hurt to contact their head offices anyways...the banner at the top of this website will put you into each team's site...

...Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Hamilton and maybe Toronto seem to have backup QB issues....although the backup QB in Edmonton will always be a benchwarmer, Ricky Ray hardly ever misses a down...

....BC, Saskatchewan and Montreal are pretty much set when it comes to QB positions....

I take it you're Chris from Wesley. Don't sweat letting people know who you are here. Trust me, GMs won't care where they find talent (whether it's a message board or the local Wal-Mart).

I'd definitely check out Hamilton and Winnipeg. Of the eight teams in the league, they probably have the most space on their depth charts at QB.

By the way, I'm the American guy who writes the "Rouge, White & Blue" column on CFL.ca. If you have any trouble getting contact info for those teams, let me know via PM, and I'll see if I can help.

My name is John Port. From Albright College in Reading, PA.

[url=http://www.bluebombers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=589&Itemid=92]http://www.bluebombers.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=92[/url]

Welcome John Port.
I think you realize yourself why from that first post, it was just as likely you were a 12 year old kid as a serious poster.
You are doing much better now!
I am not a real fan of the Wonderlic, but a 42 is an impressive score, and it will benefit you.

All teams are looking for that diamond in the rough, and the CFL has been a good place for players from small colleges to find a home.
Most teams by now are nearly set on their rosters for training camp, which in the CFL is only a month or so away.
They may still have mini-camps yet available to you, and if you cannot get an invite, be a walk-up.
I don't think they are likely to hold it against you for being pro-active.
But you may well be looking at next year country already.
In which case a team might take a look at you, and invite you to a mini-camp next year, or if you really impress, training camp next year.
But most teams don't want more than 4-5 QBs in camp as in the CFL, camp and exhibition season are very short compared to the NFL.

At your age, you need to live the dream, take your shot and don't give up.
Teams will be impressed by a kid who works hard and shows grit and determination, and might overlook a few basic flaws in your athletic ability.

Good luck!