Please Get Well, Garney!

Lost in the sad Ticat news of the past ten days with the passing Ron Lancaster, Gord Christian and Ralph Sazio was a small news item in the Sep 19/08 edition of The Hamilton Spectator reporting that former Ticat great Garney Henley suffered a heart attack on Sep 17/08 and required heart bypass surgery. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, Garney. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/437843

I know Garney will recover fine. He's as tough as nails and will do whatever it takes. He was my aunt's favourite all-time player. I managed to get a tape of the 1972 Grey Cup and watcher it with her. God rest her soul. Get well Garney.

That's terrible. Best wishes to him for a full recovery.

I remember when I was a kid, I had an inflatable Garney Henley football player. He held the ball in his one hand and had the other arm straight out to block.

Wish I still had that, it was pretty cool.

Silly kid not knowing the value of toys.

Get well soon Garney we need you in this game.

Perhaps at the next game at IWS there should be a very large get well card for him for the fans to sign, like the one they had for Ron Lancaster. It would be good to see something similar done for Garney Henley.

Like I Said this year has S_U_C_K_E_D for us ..
Too many Ticats passing on
too many losses

That's sad to hear. It would be nice to see the organization extend best wishes.

Get well soon Garney. You are one of a kind.

The bad news just keeps on coming these days.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Garney.

Even at 72, Garney's a fighter. He'll pull through this OK.

All the best to one of the greatest CFL players of all time!!!

Get well Garney! Your my Hero!

Good luck and I hope you havea full recovery Garney!

Garney is always in good shape and he’ll be fine.
Get well Garney!

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to Garney Henley, my favourite Ticat player of all time.