Please FIRE Ritchie HALL

That non challenge to me suggested one of 3 things ------

1- Hall in his heart wanted Sask to win the game for which he should be fired asap--

2- Hall was drunk or asleep and didnt really pay attention to the play that close-

3- Hall didnt know to challenge it and took the refs word for it and assumed Goss was out of bounds-

All 3 of these scenarios make Hall look really bad, I dont know which one is better, if he was drunk or asleep I can understand that, fair enough it happens , but when you just don't know what to challenge or when to challenge that is your MAIN RESPONSIBILITY as head coach, I still cant believe he didnt challenge that--

I think that was probabaly the worst coaching decision I have seen in the CFl in 25 years---
It was a no brainer, an ansolute no brainer to challenge That Play--

Hall already showed his intelligence when in pouring rain and vs the wind with a 3rd and 1 late in the game at Hamilton at his own 30 decides to PUNT and put HAMILTON in automatic game winning field goal range so they can LOSE the game--

IF they go for it, chances are they get the FIRST DOWN and move the ball, enough that if they punt Hamilton has no time to kick the last fgoal or they are too far back to make the last second fgoal --
OR another thing could have happened, Edm with a first down actually could have TRIED TO WIN that game in HAMILTON--

Also the game vs EDMONTON, wow Talk about letting one player KILL YOUR TEAM- Lets see a guy JERMAINE COPELAND, good moves but can barely RUN, he sure killed HAMILTON didnt he, He sure killed Toronto, He sure killed WInniopeg didnt he???

Copeland is a good receiver but almost his entire SUCCESS Is vs EDMONTON- other teams can cover him, but vs EDMONTON HALL lets COPELAND beat them twice in 2 games, if you count that first game where he dominate late also--

Game 1 in Edmonton-- Copeland abuses BUHL for the entire drive including some 3rd downs and 2nd and 15's--- Copeland gets the TD and EDM miraculously wins that game--

Game 3 at Edmonton- Oh last drive again, hmm where is the ball going i wonder? How about COPELAND AGAIN, he catches 3 god damn passes, for over 100 yards ---- Including a deep corner where he outjumps a blind defender and then beats Double coverage for a 25 yard td pass-- OKAY HALL give it up, how can you let COPELAND beat 2 of your defenders?

HALL is a complete joke as a coach, he is going to be certaintly one of the worst coaches and honestly may look Macochia look like a great coach- Hall is that bad-- He really is that bad---

I know Coach Hall was being criticized for not challenging the ruling on Goss' interception in the end zone. . . and I thought that way as well at first. . .

BUT. . . was it not too late to challenge? Seems to me in the last few minutes of the game coaches cannot challenge any play, it has to come from the CFL. . . and obviously it didn't.

If that is correct, then Richie can't be blamed for not doing something he's not permitted to anyway.

Oh my goodness, here we go again. This team is not perfect, far from it. You are getting all steamed up because Coach Hall did not challenge a close call on the Goss Int. Well first of all, he is told from the spotters up in the box to challenge or not, they are the ones with the replay. Coach Hall does not have a replay monitor in his pocket. If they told him not to challenge, then they had reason to believe it should not have been challenged, I do not know. So lets blame Coach Hall for that. Oh yeah, wr's dropping balls in the second half. When the rain picked up, wet ball. I am sure Richie was telling his players not to catch the ball. He made the right call, Ray made the correct reads and threw the ball where it was supposed to have been thrown. The wr's dropped the ball. Period. Blame Coach Hall because of the wr dropped the ball. Yeah, you know all about football.
Hufnagelnuts and Bonohead, I dont see the extra emotion on the sidelines putting their team in a better position than the Eskimos. Last I checked, BC is 4th. With all the brilliance of Hufnagelnuts, they are currently tied with the Esks at 6-5.

Ask yourself a simple question, Are You Really A True Esks fan??? Have some faith brother, the good times are right around the corner.....

Unfortunately, I can’t remember exactly when that play occured, however, Saskatchewan ended up kicking a field goal (which is another reason why I was pissed that he didn’t challenge), and CFL.ca and TSN both list Saskatchewan’s last FG at 7:34 in the fourth, so it looks like he could’ve challenged.

Also, in TSN’s log, they say:
3rd and 10 on E14 (7:34) L. CONGI Field Goal (21 yds) - Field Goal
2nd and 10 on E14 (7:59) D. DURANT Incomplete Pass intended for G. WALKER , J. GOSS Pass Knocked Down (Actually intercepted)

I think why he didnt challenge was to conserve the Timeout. If he were to lose the challenge the Eskimoes could have been in a heap of trouble without that timeout. I think Hall was going to stay conservative and hope that his offense could pull it out, which they did.

So why was he willing to challenge the spot of the ball? That's my issue. He was considering challenging the spot of the ball, a challenge coaches lose nine out of 10 times... but he wasn't willing to challenge the pick, a challenge he had a pretty damn good shot at winning. It doesn't make sense.

For the life of me I have no idea why he didn’t challenge, unless one of the other coaches was sure it was not a INT . But a lot of players on the sideline were calling for him to challenge. I really can’t figure this Coach out , He was a good D coach in Sask and brought in his own D coach but yet we have the worst D in the league we essentally have 2 experianced coaches on D . :?
After yesterday I think hiring Hall and Daly may have been a mistake.
Here we have one of the best QB’s to play in the CFL and it seems wasted with a terrible Defence.

I for one am sure glad you don’t get paid to figure Coach Hall out. Defensively we have the worst stats in the league but somehow we are in first place. I read another post the other day from some uninformed person that Edmonton should trade for some of Toronto’s Defensive Players. You guys are not happy unless we score 50 and our opponents score 0. At the end of the day, it is about wins and losses. You can throw ever stat out except for the wins and losses. Yes, worst D in league. Yes, in a tie for first place. Edmonton controls their own destiny. They are in a great position to finish this season on a high note. Next 3 games will shed some light on exactly where they stand in the West.

Hiring Hall was a great move. As I remember over the last two years, you are the same one that wanted to get rid of Danny Mochoker. Now you want Richie gone, and he hasnt even gotten through his first year yet. Give me a break. Go whine about the Hockey team, I bet they miss your colorful thoughts. You probably are counting them out before the season even starts…

Ah, now there's that complacent attitude I love so much. "We won, so who cares!" It doesn't matter that the team fell apart in the second half... that receivers dropped catchable balls, that defenders took stupid penalties... It doesn't matter that we gave up another 27 points to go along with our league-leading 319 points allowed in the first 10 games. It doesn't matter that our head coach had a complete mental breakdown in not challenging the Goss INT. It doesn't matter that Arkee Whitlock fumbled the ball AGAIN, causing a 14-point swing, and nearly costing us the game. It doesn't matter that we won the game because Ormar Morgan screwed up.

None of that matters. Let's just keep playing our mediocre football as long as we keep getting lucky, right? :roll:

Are you watching the same team as we are I’m not complaining about the Offence , Heck I even like Whitlock as our Running back . My complaint rests with the D and the Coaching staff as we really have 2 Defensive coaches here in Daly and Hall and neither one of them can get it together , Lets not forget our D got blown out at home by the Lions , Got blown out in Calgary and have given up way too many points late in the 2nd half costing us at least 2 victories and narrowly beating teams by the skin of our Teeth It’s a good thing we have RR at the helm otherwise? The d is last in numerous catagories in the league.
I for one am a long time Esks supporter , and our tradition is to have one of the best defencive teams in the league, thats what Eskimo football is . If you think this Team will do anything in the playoffs come cold weather your dreaming we will get lit up more then Dean Martin at a Roast.

Yes, the defense is last in the league. Yes the team is underperforming, oh excuse me, the defense is underperforming. Last I checked, a team consist of 3 parts: Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. Don't just look at the stats, because the stats can be very misleading. Without checking, I can remember several ints going for TDs against the offense, but of course no body mentions that. Or the costly turnovers deep inside of the Eskimos end. Nobody mentions that. Or the terrible field position set up by special teams mistakes. This is a team. Not all parts are perfect. The defense has to play better, no question, but I do remember the defense only giving up 10 points against Sask until Arkee's fumble. The score should have been 31 to 10 on our way to a blow out.
Yes, keep bashing the defense, because that makes you happy. You say that the team has no chance in cold weather? If it were up to you, they would have no chance. Good thing it is not up to you.
Fire Coach Hall???????? The team has done nothing wrong to warrant his termination. So that leaves me to question why do you and a select few others want him fired before he even completes his first year???? I think I know. :rockin: It doesnt matter what Coach Hall does, YOU will still want him fired, and it has nothing to do with his coaching abilities.
Eskimos in a 1st Place Tie. Wow, the world is coming to an end.
Get Over It!!!

Actually the score would've been 28-10, and Arkee Whitlock's fumble was huge... and if you look at the stats, it was his fifth fumble of the year. This guy has a habit of coughing up the ball.

I would've loved to see your reaction after our blowout losses to Montreal and B.C. You're one hell of an optimist, I'll give you that...

I am a realist. I am not looking for only negative things about the Esks. Reality is something most uninformed fans dont have a clue about. The blowout game against Montreal. Two dropped TD passes by a rookie tailback with talent and an interception return for TD and dont forget about the punt team choking on their own 20 yard line. 28 point swing. Yes, Buhl had a horrible game, but he is no longer part of team.
B.C. , well I would love to blame the rookie Richardson for knocking out Pierce, but that was no excuse for rookies Keyes and Herron to give up those TDs. Oh yeah, Buhl sucked that game also, but that problem has been eliminated.

This team has been competitive week in and week out, with just 3 exceptions. I dont recall saying any of that over the last three years. I have not worn my brown paper sack over my head once this year. Thank You Richie!!

Fire Richie Hall because he has built a competitive team. Yeah that sounds about right!

Please explan this why I would want him fired because it has nothing to do with his coaching abilities . If your implying what I think your implying then your out too lunch and way out of line so please clairify what you mean.
Yes were tied for first with 3 teams but only 2 out of last place, If it weren’t for RR we would be be way back in last . This team has given up way to many points Buhl was one problem but there seems to be a big flaw in the style of D that is being played .
Just look at the stats all I ask It’s easy to fire the Coach then the whole team, but there sure needs to be a change.

[url=http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Edmonton+looking+strong+start+against+Roughriders/2020953/story.html]http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/E ... story.html[/url]

“We had some miscues offensively but defensively we didn’t wilt and we remained strong. That’s why I thought it was a great team effort.?
Was he even Watching this game in the 2nd half , Somebody Quoted earlier that Hall must have been Drunk on the Sidelines , I'm starting to think he may have been , this is unbeilevable.

Yeah, that article is a bit of a head scratcher... this guy is far too easy going to be a head coach. He needs to get a little more intensity if he wants to succeed.

OMG, this stuff is unbelievable....They just beat Sask. in Mosaic- had them all but left for dead until Whitlock coughed up a fumble for a 108 yd., 14 point turnaround, and all you guys want to do is whine about it??

They won, remember? 6-5, tied for 1st in a dogfight division....Hel-l-l-l-l-o???????????????! Good Lord, awmighty. Oh, but let's fire Hall. That'll make it better.

How many people in this topic have actually called for Hall's head? Good Lord, awmighty... :roll: If you want to be happy with a sloppy win that we didn't deserve, be my guest... but I'd rather this team improve and earn its wins. I refuse to become complacent just because we're in a tie for first... :roll:

Sounds to me like you’re being a bit over critical. “They didn’t deserve to win?” Pretty harsh IMO. It was a tough game in a tough environment and the weather made it even tougher. Ray completed 20 passes in a row and made the big play at the end to win it. The defense turned back the Riders when it needed to…they bent but didn’t break and the ST played well. As for the defense, it’s a different animal entirely when Lloyd’s out there…they missed him sorely. The line even made a few plays, put a little pressure on- something they hadn’t been doing much of lately. If you’re looking for these guys to improve, that’s definitely understandable, but I don’t see them becoming a juggernaut on both sides of the ball anytime soon. Fortunately for them, the rest of the league is pretty much right alongside them in that regard, and certainly no one’s showing any signs of running away with the West title. Embrace it and enjoy the W.