Please don’t go, Sara

Noooooo :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

3 Likes

:frowning:This is sad news for us.:frowning: Everyone seemed to love Sara. At the very least she was the only one members here didn't bitch about. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Ah but there is solace for those in Winnipeg and fans of the Jets - she is working for them after the Banjo Bowl!

2 Likes

Ha Ha Ha…what Winnipeg wants, Winnipeg gets!

Welcome the Winnipeg Jets.

3 Likes

really? Winnipeg must not want very much :slight_smile:

Ooooh … :cold_face:

1 Like

My favorite Sara Orlesky moment came last year when Andrew Harris tried to shake her hand after he ran out of bounds.

1 Like

she probably knew she wouldn't get through airport security if she shook that hand.

smart girl.

I have never heard anyone say anything bad about her. For years we sat in the student section at the old Winnipeg Stadium and every time she would walk by the whole section would chant “Sara, Sara”, especially the young men. She never failed to blush and also smiled and sometimes waved her microphone. I’m sure she would remember that.

Alas, she has now gone to work for the propaganda department of the evil empire.

2 Likes

That looked kind of creepy. What exactly was the point of that? I’m glad she brushed him off.

1 Like

... Gonna miss that fresh-faced Miss. :blonde_woman:

1 Like

Looks are looks, and she has them, no question.

But when it comes down to it, she was just flat out good at her job. That’s worth a lot more. I’m not surprised she’s moving on to bigger things, and good on her. Yes, our loss, but I’m happy to see her succeed.

7 Likes

Sara was excellent on the sidelines. I’m surprised TSN never really tried to expand her role on the broadcasts - some halftime features with players, maybe even play by play for a few games to get some new blood in the booth. I think she was on the panel once this year for a pre-season game. Best wishes to her, after 13 years it was probably time to move on to new challenges.

5 Likes

The Leafs didn’t hire her … Jets are at worst the evil suburb of the hockey world.

4 Likes

Out East I am sure they are, but not in Manitoba. Here we view the Leafs more with comical ineptitude. They just don’t matter to us, as I am sure the Jets don’t matter to Leaf fans.

2 Likes

Winnipeg probably wants to play Hamilton in the Grey Cup again…
…Soooo maybe they don’t get everything they want.

5 Likes

Too bad for the CFL.
Good on the Jets.

2 Likes

ouch.

well done sir.

3 Likes

hmmmm…not sure about that.

I clearly recall hearing “Liane’s better, Liane’s better” :slight_smile:

Yah, he’s gone now. But The Leafs lived in the Peg fans heads, free of charge, for a number of years.

2 Likes

Not this Jets fan. I think it is more accurate to say that about the Habs or Oilers and Jets fans, at least the ones I know. Sorry but I’m not sure who you mean with your Liane reference. Low brain wave day for me today.

2 Likes