Please be nice.

All,

As any long time poster here knows we don't like to moderate these forums. This is for two reasons. We like to hear what you say in as unvarnished a manner as you chose to say it. And because this service is free we are not earning any money to pay anyone to monitor and police these forums. So the few moderators we have are volunteers like me and we don't put much time into moderating.

But there has been a recent rash of bad behaviour. Name-calling and such. If it continues we'll have to ask you to take involuntary holidays from posting. But we really, really don't want to do this.

So, instead, how about we all just get along.

To help us all get along remember these two rules:

1. Don't comment on the other posters, just their facts or arguments.
    Good: "Your fact [whatever it is] is wrong".
    Bad: "You are a liar".

2. Ignore posts you don't like.
    Some people will make inflammatory posts just to see the reaction they might get. Just don't respond to posts you don't respect. They will quit doing it if they don't get a reaction. This advice can be summed up as "Don't feed the trolls".

Thanks for your understanding, and Oskee Wee Wee!

Cheers, Bob.

Caretaker,

Thanks for everything you do for the Ticats and for this great forum,

However, some people just can't control themselves..........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Baldy/PostingontheNet.jpg

There are days when I wish we could all be together in a room to discuss things in person.... and other days when I think that would be a huge disaster. Sigh......

It reminds me of one of my favorite sayings from one of my favorite characters ever on TV...the one and only Frank Burns from MAS*H :lol: :slight_smile: :lol:

As for some of the posts,once again another gem from Frank Burns :lol: :slight_smile: :lol:

The more I look at this cartoon, the more it makes me laugh - in a very embarrassed way.

Totally agree Mr. Caretaker. Several times I've stopped reading for days because of the negativity I read. I love to read friendly banter but have no interest in name calling.

I bow at the feet of Bobo! Frank Burns and Herb Tarlek ( WKRP ) were my heros! :lol: :lol: :lol: The Caretaker is right. Civil exchanges should be the norm around here.

Pat Lynch(the old guy who is nice most of the time)

Bump.